Search for content in message boards

Burkett Of eastern NC

Burkett Of eastern NC

Tony Koonce (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2000 7:47PM GMT
Hello
I am looking for any information on the Burkett family from eastern North Carolina.
A John William Burkett showed up in Lenoir County NC in the year 1850. He was 21 years old. He was living with a potter family. On his Death cerificate it states that he was from Cumberland county. I can only find one other burkett in cumberland county at that time a Lemuel Burkett, But I cannot tie these two people together. If anyone knows any information, Please Let me Know.

Thank You

Re: Burkett Of eastern NC

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
hi im looking up my family and i found that jane koonce married john burkett and im looking into the potter family to because charles potter married rhoda koonce and her sister mary jane i will pass along any information i come across i have been looking for john burkett and i found your message thanks for the information i will try to return the gesture

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 11:20PM GMT
Hello, I am John William Burkett, DOB 1827-1830 and DOD 1912 greatgrand daughter. My grandmother is Mary Susan Burkett Jones, his and jane Koonce daughter. Let me know what you need and I will share with you what I know.

Posted: 2 Aug 2011 4:01AM GMT
You probably have this information by now but here is what I have:

John William Burkett
Birth 6 Mar 1849inTelfair, now Coffee, Georgia, USA
Death 29 Dec 1913inCoffee, Georgia, USA

this person is on my family tree which is public. I hope this helps somewhat.

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 3:38AM GMT

This John William Burkett is not the one that Tony Koonce is inquiring about because he was buried in Jones County, NC and he was born before 1849.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.