Search for content in message boards

Orland RADER & Nola Mae THOMAS

Orland RADER & Nola Mae THOMAS

Norma Hamrick (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2002 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHAPMAN, RADER, THOMAS, TAYLOR
Trying to find out if James Madison RADER & Lilia Isadore WORKMAN who married in Nicholas Co. on May 9, 1900 are the parents of Orland RADER (Aug 24, 1900-Mar 25, 1977). I also need the siblings of both & Lilia's parents. Also need the parents, siblings of James M. RADER.
Also need parents of Nola Mae(May) THOMAS (1897-1981)

Have no info. on Orland Rader except Children.
Any help is appreciated.

Re: Orland RADER & Nola Mae THOMAS

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2005 2:59PM GMT
The workman name caught my eye?
any connection to this rader/workman?
jim@rader.org
from my web at
http://www.rader.org/george/d0/i0004257.htm#i4258

John Charles Rader (George2, George1) was born in Adams Co, or Highland Co, OH October 12, 1815. John died September 3, 1887 in Little Shasta, Siskiyou Co, CA, at 71 years of age. His body was interred in Little Shasta, Siskiyou Co, CA.

He married Elizabeth Ann Workman in Highland Co, OH, December 12, 1835.(27) Elizabeth was born December 12, 1818 in Bourbon Co, KY. Elizabeth was the daughter of Samuel P. Workman and Elizabeth Ockerman. Elizabeth died February 14, 1885 in Little Shasta, Siskiyou Co, CA, at 66 years of age. Her body was interred in Little Shasta, Siskiyou Co, CA. According to conflicting evidence, she married John Charles Rader in Salem Twp, Highland Co, OH, February 12, 1837. At 19 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Daniel James 'Dan' Rader in Salem Twp, Highland Co, OH, January 22, 1838.(28) At 21 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Andrew Jackson Rader in Salem Twp, Highland Co, OH, 1840. At 24 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Isaiah Rader in Salem Twp, Highland Co, OH, May 29, 1843. At 28 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Elizabeth Ann Rader in Birmingham, Van Buren Co, IA, October 9, 1847. At 31 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Barbara Ellen Rader in near Birmingham, Van Buren Co, IA, April 7, 1850. At 34 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Sarah Eliza Rader in near Birmingham, Van Buren Co, IA, March 15, 1853. At 36 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of William W. Rader in near Birmingham, Van Buren Co, IA, July 30, 1855. At 38 years of age Elizabeth became the mother of Richard Elden 'Dick' Rader in near Birmingham, Van Buren Co, IA, July 1857.

Norma Hamrick (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2002 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Rader, Workman, Thomas
At the moment I don't believe there is a connection. However, I have just begun this search. Thanks much for the info. Who knows, it may connect.
Norma

Posted: 3 Jul 2005 1:49AM GMT
Orland Rader & Nola Mae Thomas are/were my husband's grandparents. We have some family history, would love to share what we have to compare to your information.
Linda

Posted: 3 Jul 2005 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2005 2:59PM GMT
I don't have them in my file but would like to add them,
where do they fit ?

Linda Rader (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2005 1:36PM GMT
I am just beginning to do family research,but I will do my best to share what we know. Most of this is from my mother in law, some confirmed by internet resources.

Orland Sylvester Rader's (b. Oct. 10, 1900) parents were James Madison Rader & Lilia Workman(m May 9, 1900), who lived on a farm in Canvas, Nicholas County, WV.

Apparently James Madison had several other wives. Orland's siblings (not sure which are full, which are half) are, in no particular order: Alva G., Coleman, John C., Lester O., Arnold, William, & Allen.

According to the 1850 census of Nicholas county, There was a Samuel Rader(wife Agness) with a large farm in Canvas, Nicholas County. We are not exactly sure how they fit into the family tree, yet.

Does this fit with anything you have?

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 2:26PM GMT
Orland S Rader Died in 1972, not 1975.

Posted: 1 Jun 2010 12:03AM GMT
I have recently confirmed that Lilia's maiden name was Wortman, not Workman. Please feel free to contact me directly.
Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.