Search for content in message boards

thornton hunt

thornton hunt

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 1:28PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 5:55PM GMT
thornton hunt is father of william thornton hunt and who married elizabeth armstrong hunt in jackson county ohio 1843. julius taylor hunt who married nancy permelia agee is also a son of thornton and elizabeth. would like to know parents of thornton hunt and elizabeth. thanks.

Thornton Hunt Family tree

Marilyn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 11:33PM GMT
Hi Dee, I too would dearly love to know more about the Hunts who settled for a short time in Jackson Co. As I understand it they came from Amhearst Co. Va. Was in Jackson for while then went on to Camp Creek area of Pike County. There they stayed for quite awhile. I am a decendent of the Hunt family and there is supose to be a Hensen or Henson maybe a brother to Thornton, also I have heard Lobe Hunt?? Steven Hunt and His son Steven Dixon Hunt?? Anything you find I need heplp too. Thanks Marilyn

the hunts..

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 5:55PM GMT
my grandmother was clara irene hunt, her father was alfred hunt they lived around panama, il.. in about 1900.. alfred died in about 1960.. what can you tell me about your family? be happy to share whatever i know.. write to me at my email address.. deedidit@ezl.com.. thanks for answering.

Re: Thornton Hunt Family tree

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2002 2:09AM GMT
Hi I too would like to know more about the Hunts who settled in
Pike Co Oh.I am also decendant of the Hunt Family Lobe and I have heard of Thornton also Henson is father of James Hunt
his son George Hunt is my grandfather my e-mail is
sylvia22@digitalexp.com

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2002 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: hunt, meibohm, agee, armstrong and findley
good to hear from you.. my great grandfather is alfred hunt.. he married mary meibohm.. alfred was born in 1874 macon co il died 1960 in panama, il.. his father was julius taylor hunt born 1847 in jackson co ohio.. he married nancy permelia agee in lee summit mo.. died in 1924 in long creek illinois.. his father was thorton hunt born 1817 in culpepper co va.. married mary elizabeth armstrong born in jackson co ohio.. we think that thornton was the son of william hunt and margaret findley.. that is about all we know. altho we are still in research mode.. thanks for responding..

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 6:58PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2002 2:09AM GMT
It was good to hear from you. You know more than I do about
Thornton Hunt I didn't know who he married or his parents were.only that Thornton had two sons Henson and ( James
Hunt) my great grandfather his son George Tilden Hunt his
son Charles E. Hunt my father born in Pike Co Oh.Would
love to find out more about my family. Thanks so much for responding Sylvia

dee (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 10:18PM GMT
as i said.. we are still looking into that line of the family. i found two sites of hunts on here .. on that had 39 pages and another line that had 165 pages.which i gave to the senior genealogist in our family to take a look at. my aunt has been doing this for twenty years.. my daugher and i are fairly new .. so we are trying to catch up with what she already knows. some of the info we have about william being thorton's father is still waiting documentation. so .. that is about all i can tell you right now.

Posted: 15 Feb 2006 7:41PM GMT
Looking for a William Hunt b 1889 living in Macon Co IL married Blanche Ambrosia O'Bannon and had a daughter Ambrosia Caroline Hunt 5 Oct 1913 Macon Co IL. Ambrosia married William Hubbard mallory jr of Macon Co. I know William Mallory later moved to Kansas and then Redondo Beach CA. Blanche and daughter Ambrosia are on the California death index, but not sure about William Hunt. b 1889.

(9) William Hubbard Mallory 13 Mar 1873 OH of KS 1899 d 15 May 1953 LA CA bur Pacific Crest Cem Redondo Beach CA (Mother Workman father Mallory, CA death index) 1900 census William H Mallory Neosho KS (See California Genweb for children)

(10) William Hubbard Mallory Jr 26 Jul 1908 KS d 22 mar 1997 Orange co CA = Ambrosia Carolyn Hunt 5 Oct 1913 d 5 Jul 1986 Los Angeles co CA (Note: Ambrosia Hunt c 1914 Macon Co IL) (William Hunt 1889 = Blanch Ambrosia Obannon)
Blanche Ambrosia Hunt 31 Jul 1890 Il d 7 Aug 1980 (Obannon = Burke)
Pacific Crest Cemetery, Redondo Beach CA - Los Angeles County USA

Mallory W.H 1873 - 1953 (William Hubbard Mallory 13 Mar 1973 OH d 15 May 1953 (mother Workman…see Dewitt Clinton Mallory)
Mallory William H 1908 - 1997 (26 Jul 1908 KS d 22 Mar 1997 Orange co CA)
Mallory Ambrosia C 1913 - 1986 (ambrosia Carolyn Hunt) 5 Oct 1913 Il d 5 Jul 1986 Los Angeles Co (Hunt = Obannon)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.