Search for content in message boards

Searching the following in Dublin

Searching the following in Dublin

Posted: 19 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Sep 2006 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Hitchcock, McLean, McGrath, Dwyer
Would love to correspond with anyone researching the names mentioned. I might be able to share information I've gathered. This is just for the City of Dublin. Thanks.

Flo Spruance

searching the following in Dublin

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 7:00AM GMT
Surnames: Williams
My Great Grandmother Annie nee O'Brien, said she was born approx 1837 in Rush Co Dublin, she married ? McNeill in Dublin approx 1854, a son John Francis McNeill was born in approx 1855. She remarried Walter Weedon Williams in Australia in 1860
Can you help with any information on Annie or John Francis?
Barbara

searching the following in Dublin

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 7:00AM GMT
Surnames: McLean
My Great Grandmother Mary McLEAN married William Guthrie in ?. A son Thomas was born in Donegal in approx 1830. Can you help with any information on this family?
Barbara

George Williams

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2002 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Beere
I am looking for any infomation on George Williams who in 1808 lived at 64 Grafton Street Dublin.
Brother to John Williams [1741/1808], who was a Captain in the Bengal army of the East India Company.
Probable brother to Trevor Williams of Drogheda.
Probable sister to Rose Anne, married to William Beere of Dublin.

Re: Searching the following in Dublin

Posted: 18 Nov 2001 9:19PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2002 1:51AM GMT
Hi- Looking for info on William Dwyer, married to Isabella Byrne. They had a son John Alphonso Dwyer who listed their address as Dublin in 1881. Any help you could give, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sharon

Re: George Williams

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
There is a George Williams that was born in 1808 in England came to US mid 1840's settled in Wisc. He is my g-g-grandfather. don't know anything from his life in England. I have just started working on the Williams, Would like to correspond if this is the same as you mentioned.

Posted: 19 Nov 2004 6:18AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Hitchcock, Mc Lean, Dwyer, Mc Grath, & Phibbs
The Williams lines I'm working on stayed in Ireland and England until the 1900's. Sorry. I don't think we are related. I've printed your post and will keep it just in case. The majority of Williams I am working on were all born in the Dublin area except for a couple children who went to England, came back to Ireland, and returned to England.

Posted: 7 Jul 2005 2:39PM GMT
I have postcards from Dublin Ireland addressed to Miss Charlette Rankin in Berkeley CA. dated in beginning 1900's. These post cards where my fathers from his family. My grandmothers name was Eileen P. Hitchcock. who married Edward D. Hitchcock both born in the late 1800's.
the post cards are all signed: The brittish brigade S.R.
Also, I have one signed by Hitchcock. I do not know much of my fathers side of the family and can not figure out where rankin fits into my family tree.
If you have any infomation on Rankins in Dublin Ireland that would be much help to me.

Thank you,
Terrie Sloan

Posted: 7 Jul 2005 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Hitchcock
Cecil Allan Edwin Hitchcock was born 22 Feb 1869 in Dublin, Ireland. He died 31 July 1938 in Oakland, Alameda, California. 12 Feb 1888 he Married Eleanor Jane Wilson Rankin in Martinez, Contra Costa, California. Eleanor Jane Wilson Rankin was born 23 May 1868 in Dublin, Ireland to Charles Rankin and Jane Ponsoby Wilson. Charles and Jane were married 20 Aug 1856 in Dublin Ireland. Charles and Jane did have a daughter named Charlotte who was born in Dublin 14 May 1866 in Dublin, Ireland, and died 23 Mar 1936. I do not know where she died. Both children are listed on the IGI of the LDS church. [See the internet] Information is also on their Ancestral File posted by Gayle Fay Shafer whose address was in Long Beach, but when I wrote her in Oct of 1995 she wasn't at the address. The 1900 Census for Oakland, Alameda, California ED 373, sheet 5, says that Eleanor Jane Wilson Rankin and her parents were born in England [but they were from Ireland]. It said she immigrated in 1887. I have not checked later census records. I assume she came with her family as she was married in California. I do not have an Edward D. Hitchcock who married an Eileen P., but Cecil Allan Edwin Hitchcock and Eleanor Jane Wilson Rankin did have an Edwin Derrick Hitchcock born in 10 Dec 1906 and who died 9 Oct 1960. Possibly your Edward could be related to Cecil Allan Edwin Hitchcock. Cecil and Eleanor lived in Oakland. Cecil is the child of George Rock Hitchcock of Dublin, Ireland and his wife, Frances Margaret Mary Ryan. They had two other sons, George Stewart and Francis Ryan Montgomery Hitchcock. I do not know if George had any family or married. Francis had a son, Regional Ingram Montgomery Hitchcock who came to the USA and died in Glendale, L.A., California. Hope this information helps you, Terrie. Take care, Flo

Isabella Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2005 10:32AM GMT
Did any of the William family you are researching live in Gardners Street in Dublin?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.