Search for content in message boards

Looking for lost Lunds

Looking for lost Lunds

Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Lund
Westmorland County residents George Lund and Jane (Ibbotson)Lund had two daughters, Fanny and Ann. We know what happened to their brothers, John and George but have not determined what happened to the girls. If anyone knows, please advise.

Lost Lunds

Posted: 31 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Lund, Ibbitson, Towse
I have discovered three family lines descended from the daughters of George Lund and Jane (Ibbitson) but am uncertain which line comes from which daughter in 2 of them. In the order they have been identified:
1. a Daniel Lund was born in Cookville in 1845; he married Amy McPhee, a local girl, in 1869 and had 7 children. It is thought that Daniel was Fanny’s son.
2. a Frances Lund, born in Canada, married John Manship and had a son James born in Machias Maine in 1855. Some of James’ descendants still in the Machias area and know the Lunds there, where George and George Jr settled.
3. a “Lund girl from Upper Sackville” married a Joseph Griffin in Boston; she returned to the area with her son Sanford who married Rose Craig about 1875 and had 3 children, Margaret, Clarence and Lillian.
Jane's stone in the Upper Sackville cemetery reads "In memory of Jane wife of George Lund Native of Yorkshire England Died Dec 15, 1878 Aged 87 yrs. Erected by James Manship & Daniel Lund Jr." James Manship and Daniel P. Lund Jr. were her grandchildren.

Re: Looking for lost Lunds

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2004 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: tower, sears, griffin, hickey, Dempsey, Goodine/ godin, finney/phinney, estabrooks, hicksmc Gregor, morris, ward, wheaton, whipple, wilson
First of all thanx for breaking up my wall
Fannie was the one that married joseph griffin in boston and had the 3 children
clarence went on to marry Isabelle mc nally mc Quinn and had 5 children :
Phyliss
Elsie
Hugh
Vincent
Winslow

Elsie is my grand mother
for more informatoin on her decendancy you may contact me at Amer_eagl@hotmail.com

Re: Lost Lunds

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 4:38PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2004 1:04PM GMT
can you give me more info on Rose craig

Vanessa Jones (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 11:32PM GMT
I am the descendant of Fanny Lund. She had a son named Daniel Lund. His son was Gordon Powell Lund, and his daughter is Amy B. Lund, and her daughter is Theresa L. Baker. Amy B.Lund had ten Children.

Do tou have any information on Amy McPhee or hor ancestors?

Posted: 23 Feb 2002 12:57AM GMT
Do you know who Daniel's father was? It is my understanding that he may have been born out of wedlock.

I believe that Amy was the daughter of Daniel and Jane McFee.

I am a descendant of Daniel Purrington Lund, one of his son's.

Murray Lund

Vanessa Jones (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2002 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Lund, Baker, Hillson
My Grandmother said that I was of the MacLeod line. She said that I was the more direct line to the Hector MacLeod's, then Norman MacLeod of New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. She did not say to much more. I do not know his father's name, but I believe he was a decendant of a William MacLeod. He boarded at Loch Broom, Rosshire, Scotland. Daniel Lund may be his great-grandson.

Posted: 15 May 2002 7:33AM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2005 10:42PM GMT
I just found your message - I changed my email address and stopped getting notices of responsise to my messages here.
I have posted a Lund file, also one for McPhees, here:
http://www.gencircles.com/users/mlund
I think these will answer some of your questions. Contact me if you have any more questions, corrections or additions. I've also added you as a member of our private family website - welcome!
ps I am not the same person as M (Murray) Lund

Posted: 22 Jul 2007 6:29AM GMT
Surnames: Lund, Towse
Late response!
The parentage of Daniel Lund 1845-1919 has been a mystery for years - it was speculated that he may have been the illegitimate son of Ann Lund, Frances "Fanny" Lund's sister (Fanny was only 10 when he was born). However Daniel, and his equally mysterious brother brother Henry Alexander Lund, appear in the recently-revealed 1851 census with Ann and Fanny and their parents George and Jane (Ibbitson) Lund as orphans with the surname Towse. John Towse, who's dtr May Ann married John Lund, had one or more brothers who also came to NB: apparently one of them died and the 2 boys were taken in by George and Jane, and laer took their names. Mystery solved?

Re: Looking for lost Lunds

Posted: 9 Dec 2010 8:00AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Lund, Thompson, Griffin, Manship
Since posting this message, much has been learned about John and Jane's offspring. Those found to date are:
1. Ruth Lund (abt 1822-1873) who married Jacob Thompson in 1840: they had 13 children, some of whom were born in the Machias area in northern Maine (Jacob married Abigail Sears after Ruth died and had 4 more children).
2. Ann Lund b. abt 1826 who moved to Calais Maine where she married Jarius Hartwell Griffin. They had at least 4 children, the youngest George "Sanford" Griffin b 1858 settled in Sackville where he married Rose Ann Craig in 1877: they had 9 children. He also married Emma Jane (Phinney)Hope in 1918.
3. George Harris Lund 1827-1902, who moved with his father to farm inland from East Machias, Maine at a place still known as "Lund Corner": he had 18 children with 3 wives: 2 grandchildren still live at the homestead.
4. Thomas Lund b 1830: no other record has been found of him: he may be the Captain Thomas Lund recorded in PEI in the mid 1850s: there are Lunds there still whose ancestors were from Yorkshire and may have been related to George.
5. Frances "Fannie" Lund b 1835: she married John Manship from England abt whom little else is known. They had at least 7 children and moved to Truemanville Maine: their descendants are recorded there and in the Amherst area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.