Search for content in message boards

Andrew "Andy" Bogle from Wilson County, Tennessee

Andrew "Andy" Bogle from Wilson County, Tennessee

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bogle, Gibson, Brinson
I am looking for information about my g-g-g-g-grandfather, Andrew "Andy" Bogle. He was born around 1808 in Wilson County, Tennessee. On Sept. 18, 1832, he married Sarah "Sally" Gibson. They had 7 children: Sarah, Thomas, James H., Nancy C., Mary S., Allen, and my ggg-grandfather, Robert B. They later lived in Cannon County, Tn.
This is all the information about Andrew Bogle that I have. However, I am following a hunch, and I'd appreciate it if anyone can confirm it or prove it wrong.
There was a Samuel Bogle born around 1755, probably from Rowan County, N.C. He died in 1806 in Wilson Co., Tn. One of his 8 children was Robert Bogle, born around 1780. This Robert Bogle married Sarah "Sally" Brinson on June 2, 1808, in Wilson Co., Tn. Are Robert Bogle and Sarah Brinson the parents of Andrew "Andy" Bogle? I have a hunch that they are, but I have no proof linking them yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Andrew "Andy" Bogle from Wilson County, Tennessee

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: bogle
my father was born on pea ridge tn. up from woodbury in cannon county tenn, we are related in some way,, because all the information i have leads to the same place you are. my fathers name is john henry bogle, mother naomi womack father james bogle...

i am from kentucky,, my father is john henry bogle or johnnie bogle, mother clara coleman

Posted: 11 Jul 2002 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Bogle, Wickoff, Staggs, Golden, Young, Phillips, Lux
I've got my line back to William Randall Bogle B:abt 1811, married Julia E. Jones of Virginia. They married in Wilson Co. TN and lived in Iredell NC then Woodbury, Cannon, TN. They had a son named Anderson Taylor Bogle in March of 1847. This is my gggrandfather. Any connection? Barbara (bambi37002@cox.net)

Posted: 7 Aug 2002 11:23PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2006 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: jones bogle herndon
Do you have the names of the children of WR Bogle and Julia E Jones? My GGGGrandmother was Sarah A. Bogle who married a M F Herndon about 1856-1857 in Cannon County, TN. I have no proof that these are the correct parents, but the person who provided with the data seems sure and in the 1860 census they were neighbors. Am willing to share what data I have.

Posted: 20 Oct 2002 4:44AM GMT
I don't have any information about Andrew but, I was e-mailed a copy of an old letter written by William (Billy) Davenport during the civil war to his wife Martha. He was from the cannon co. and wilson co. area that mentions a bogle and thought you might like to have it. I am working on trying to get a photo copy of it.
10-14-1861
"...I would like to see you as well as anybody would but, must advise you not to come under the circumstances....the baby might get sick being exposed as it would have to be. Les Bogles child is about to die on account of being exposed. She says she will never come back until Les comes home...Tell Polly Bogle howdy for me....."

William died in the civil war and Martha remarried a bogle although I don't have that information with me. -Kelly

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 7:30AM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2003 7:39AM GMT
I hope that I can still reach you. I have info on Andrew Bogle, who married Sally Gibson in 1832. But he was born 6 Nov 1781.Sally was 2nd wife. Died Dec 1842, buried in Eusebia Presbyterian church cem, Blount Co. TN
Father: Andrew Bogle b. 26 Apr 1753
Cumberland Co. PA
m. 24 May 1774
@ York Co, PA
Elizabeth Campbell, daughter of Hugh Campbell

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 9:39PM GMT
Hi, I hope this gets to you but I am also a descendent of Andrew Bogle and Sarah Gibson. Do you have more info on them? Thanks.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 9:41PM GMT
Hello. I to an descended from this line, and am a descendent of Robert B as well, I have lived in Cannon County all my life and my mother was a Bogle. We have all the family information other than who Andrew "Andy" Bogle's father was. We know he and Sarah "Sallie" Gibson were married in 1832, but nothing after that. Did you happen to find any more information? Thanks so much

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 5:19PM GMT
Surnames: Bogle
Hi. I am also a descendant of Robert B Bogle, but I don't have much information on him. Any help would be appreciated!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.