Search for content in message boards

Gassaway Fleming b. c1807 in GA

Posted: 4 Jun 2005 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fleming, Sansom, Tucker, Wright
The 1850 Coffee Co., AL lists Gassaway Fleming, age 43, and wife Elizabeth, age 31, both born in GA. Who were their parents? Elizabeth's maiden name is unknown, although some say she also was a Fleming (cousin). This same source says she was a Choctaw Indian born in the Indian Nation in Georgia. Is anyone researching this Fleming line? Any help is much appreciated.

Lineage up to that point. Other Early GA Surnames: Sansom, Tucker, Wright.

Their daughter, Gatsey was gggrandmother.

Re: Gassaway Fleming b. c1807 in GA

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 3:21PM GMT
Did any of his children marry a Turner...( found a Savannah) in the household married to a Turner and list Gassaway as fatehr-in law) Please help I am so confused)

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 8:13PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 8:31PM GMT
I really don't know if any of Gassaway Fleming's daughters married a Turner or not. He had several daughters, one of which was Gatsey who married twice - m1 to William Creech and m2 to John Hall. All were in Coffee Co., AL. Creech by whom she had one son was killed in the Civil War. She then married Hall and had several children. She and Hall are buried in Harrison Cemetery.

Judy Price (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2005 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Creech, Teel, Hudson
Please send me any info regarding Gatsey Fleming that married william Creech..... Was thier son William Gats Creech? Because I have info on that line and he didn't die in the civil war he married 1 Mary Jane Harrison then he married 2 Rocey(Roxie Harrison) Roxie Harrison is my Great Aunt and they had 4 children one in which is still alive and I talked to . Please send any info as My Great grandfather William Louis Harrison is Roxie's dad and trying to find out any info he married a Cynthia Josephine Teel. They are buried in the Teel Cemetary in Coffee county Ala.

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 9:40PM GMT
The only records I have on this family are census records and cemetery records, and of course, family records which list Lou Creech, the daughter of Gatsey Fleming and William Creech. This Gatsey was born in 1846. According to the census records she was the daughter of Gassaway Fleming, born c1807 and wife Elizabeth; she also a brother named Gassaway, a sister Epsey and others. I don't have any ot these records in front of me and this info in from memory, so please forgive me if the dates are a little off.

Do you know who the father of Gassaway (Sr.) was? Some of the Internet records say that he was the son of John Fleming. One Gedcom records Gassaway as a descendant of John Weatherford, but I have checked this out and found it to be incorrect. I would appreciate any information you may have.

Posted: 8 Oct 2005 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Creech, Fleming, Sansom, Harrison, Hall
Judy,
I am so confused! Please help me unravel the William Creech and Gatsey Fleming family. There were so many by the same name it is hard to determine just how they fit into the family tree. What I do know is that my Lou Marie Creech was the daughter of Gatsey (Fleming) Creech, born in 1846. According to census records Gatsey was the daughter of Gassaway Fleming (born in GA) and wife Elizabeth of Coffee Co., AL. After Creech's death she married a Mr. Hall. Both she and Mr. Hall are buried in Harrison Cemetery.

Lou Marie married first John Sansom and after his death she married a Mr. Brooks. I look forward to your response.

William Lechien (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2006 3:41AM GMT
I'm looking for information on a Sarah Fleming. Sarah married Samuel Charles Weatherford. There is also a Sara Phillips identified as a wife of Samuel, although I believe that Sarah Fleming and Sara Phillips may be one and the same. My reasoning is:
One of Charles and Sara Phillips children, Augustus L. Weatherford had children names Augustus Gassaway Weatherford and Gassie (Gassaway?) Lee Weatherford.
It doesn't sound plausible that Agustus would name his children after his father's first wife, if they were of no actual relation to him.

Posted: 28 Feb 2007 9:58AM GMT
His wife was a Creek Indian. I can't tell you exactly who she was a descendant from due to the fact that I would have to look up one of my tribal member's information. But I can tell you she will be from the lines of either Sheepwoman or the Weatherford line (Red Eagle). I don't which Wright's you are researching, but my Wright's are Creeks.

Posted: 10 May 2007 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: Fleming
Looking for- *FLEMING*-*GA to COFFEE COUNTY, To TUSCALOOSA COUNTY??
THANKS & GOD BLESS
SEMPER FI

BA- in North GA!!
ANY Intel- ***FLEMING***/ ***BURKE***,[Coffee to Tuscaloosa]-HINTON/ MONTGOMERY/ BROWN/ CLEMENTS

Posted: 10 May 2007 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: Creech, Kyser, Hussey, Lolley, Golden
You might contact Penny Creech at pcb91@aol.com

Last known address I have on here.

She knows ALL about the Creech Family.

Norman Huppert
huppertsr@netscape.com

Good luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.