Search for content in message boards

I have lots of information.Wages/Wagers

I have lots of information.Wages/Wagers

Posted: 1 May 2001 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 4:19PM GMT
HELLO MY NAME IS MICAH WAGES.I LIVE IN MS.
I HAVE BEEN DOING RESEARCH ON THE WAGES AND WAGERS FAMILY TREE FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS.I HAVE GOTTEN LOTS AND LOTS OF INFORMATION.IF ANYONE WANTS ANY INFORMATION LET ME KNOW.
I MAY HAVE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.
I WILL SHARE WITH YOU OF WHAT I HAVE.
THE FURTHEREST DESCENDANT I HAVE IS BENJAMIN WAGES.I HAVE HIS FAMILY AND ON DOWN AND ON DOWN AND ON DOWN AND ON DOWN.
I HAVE CENSUS , TAX LISTS , STORIES , MAYBE A PICTURE OR TWO , WRITE UPS , ARTICLES , TIMELINES , AND OTHER STUFF AND OF COURSE THE GENEOLOGY RECORDS OF THE PEOPLE.
I HAVE IN SOME OF STUFF.HERE IS A LITTLE WRITE UP THAT WAS IN A LIBRARY OF KENTUCKY.
"FOUR WAGERS BROTHERS LEFT NORTH CAROLINA AND CAME TO THE AREA OF EASTERN KENTUCKY. THEY SOON WENT OFF TO THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR TO ACCEPT LAND AS A PAYMENT FOR THE SERVICES IN THE WAR OF 1776.ONE WENT TO ESTILL COUNTY ,KY.; ANOTHER TO MADISON COUNTY, KY;
THE THIRD WENT ON TO WHAT IS NOW ST. LOUIS , MISSOURI.THE FOURTH STAYED IN CLAY COUNTY , KENTUCKY AND FROM THAT TIME , WE HAVE THE WAGERS FAMILY"
THAT IS JUST A LITTLE ARTICLE I FOUND.
I HAVE THE WAGES AND WAGERS THAT CAME FROM NORTH CAROLINA
SOUTH CAROLINA
KENTUCKY
ARKANSAS
LOUISIANA
MISSISSIPPI
AND MAYBE JUST A FEW IN
INDIANA
OHIO
TENNESSEE
I MEAN JUST MAYBE A FEW
FROM THOSE THREE STATES
I WILL NAME SO OF THE ANCESTORS AND FAMILY THAT I HAVE.I WILL JUST NAME A FEW. NOT ALL OF THE 500 AND SOMETHING NAMES.
I HAVE BENJAMIN WAGES,
JOHN WAGERS,
MOSE WAGERS,
REBECCA WAGERS ,
ELIZABETH WAGERS ,
WILLIAM WAGERS ,
SEVERAL BENJAMIN WAGERS,
SEVERAL JOHN WAGERS,
SEVERAL MOSES WAGERS,
POLLY WAGERS,
SEVERAL DUTTON WAGERS ,
BEVE WAGERS ,
WILLIAM WAGERS,
DUDLEY WAGERS,
RHODA WAGERS AND
MARTHA WAGERS.
ELEANOR WAGERS ,
LETCHER WAGERS
FRANK WAGERS,
MCGUFFEY WAGERS,
GREEN WAGERS,
ANDERSON WAGERS,
BILL WAGERS,
OLLIE WAGERS,
ISAAC WAGERS,
SEVERAL OF BEVE WAGERS.
GEORGIA WAGERS,
BIRDIE WAGERS,
DUTT WAGERS,
CHESTER WAGERS,
LUCY WAGERS,
LLOYD WAGERS,
MARY WAGERS,
WILLIE WAGERS AND A WHOLE LOT MORE.
I HAVE SOME THAT MARRIED INTO THE WAGERS AND WAGES.HERE IS SOME OF THE FOLLOWING NOT ALL OF THEM BUT SOME OF THE FOLLOWING SURNAMES THAT A WAGES OR WAGERS MARRIED.
JONES
HOLLIFIELD
SMALLWOOD
SMITH
HOLLAND
WOMBLES
POWERS
HENSON
COUCH
CARROLL
STEWART
HOSKINS AND SOME OTHERS.
I HAVE SHARED WITH YOU SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE.IF I CAN BE ANY HELP.EMAIL ME AT micahtorey@yahoo.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION OF TAKING TIME TO READ OF WHAT I HAVE.

Re: I have lots of information.Wages/Wagers

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2001 2:24AM GMT
Micah, My ggrandmother was Emily Wage(r)s from Clay Co. Ky. She married Tommy Marcum and had 5 or 6 kids. I am looking for information on their family. I have no idea when the born or married and cannot find her in the census records. most of my research has been on my ggrandfather whom I have been unable to locate as well. My grandmother was Lula Marcum m. Henry Foister. Anything you have or if you have seen something on her would be great, even if she is not in you line... Thanks

Karen wagers (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
HELLO! Im working on my husband family tree and i need some help. so here it ismy husbands grandfather was william "bill"wagers born in 1867 i think. he married hannah smith sept-4-1890. they are buried in the ruth cem. in clay co. ky.his father dutton,dudly wagers was married to a lucy holland they married nov.-27-1856. i dont know who his father is. someone told me john wagers and polly mays. hannah smith father was martin smith who married martha walker . martin father is theophilus smith born feb-28-1828 who married susan sibert in april-24-1853. his father was jabel smith and rhody, ronda, rebecca swafford. jabel smith father was thomas, i think. if you can help that would be great. thanks, karen

DeborahDetrick (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 6:29PM GMT
Hello! My name is Deborah and my maternal grandparents were Wages. I am in particular looking for a Jackson Wages whoose father was Jackson C. Wages and his father was John Wages. Any suggestions for me? Thanks! Deb

Amy Rupp (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 7:52PM GMT
Was your Jackson Wages from Kentucky? I've got a Jackson Wages from Arkansas but do not think he is who you are seeking. If your Jackson Wages is from Kentucky then he ought to be enumerated in Clay or Morgan Counties with the rest of the clan. I would give you more but I have the flu!
One Jackson from KY served in the Union Army; his widow's name was Lurany.

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2006 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Wages
I am desperately trying to find the parents of Benjamin Jacob Wages who married Julia Lavister. This is my husband's family, & he was born in 1948. His Wages family was from the Chester, South Carolina area I think. He was raised by his maternal grandparents, therefore doesn't know much of his Wages ancestry. His father, who he never knew, lived for many years in Ohio, died in 1962 in Sarasota, Florida. His name was James Arthur Wages, son of Julian Wages; (Julian was a son of Benjamin & Julia). If you can help me, please write back.
Anita Wages

Posted: 24 Nov 2002 5:03PM GMT
Anita- I have Wages family members originally from Chester ,South Carolina. I was not familiar with any of the Wages you named, but I feel like the ones I have are connected some way to yours. The Wages I have married into my Roberts family. They migrated from Chester South Carolina to Tippah County, Ms.

These are my Wages:
Elizabeth Roberts m. George Washington Wages
Lewis(Louis) Roberts m. Sarah Gainey Wages
Wanfield Clemmets Roberts m. Sarah Pernella Jane Wages
James Lafayette Roberts ( my g-grandfather)m. Jessie Bell Britt.
William Roberts ( father of all the Roberts above) M. Mary Polly Wagesh

Do any of these names seem to connect with your family?
I would appreciate any help. Syble Taylor

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 4:15AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2003 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: Wages
Syble,
Thank you for sending me your Wages info. If your Wages left Chester County, SC to go to Mississippi, then they are definitely related to ours. Ours did not leave SC. We have traced my husband's Wages line back to the following:
James Craig Wages, 1948
James Arthur Wages , 1924
Julian W. Wages , 1896
Benjamin Jacob Wages, 1854
John Wages, 1819
Andrew Wages, 1790
William Wages, ( we think, no proof yet) abt. 1770

We think some of William or Andrew's children went west but are not sure which states they settled. Other children remained in SC. Some of the Wages that still live in Chester County, have married into the Roberts family, even today. I had heard that when the migration took place to Miss., Ark. and Texas, that many of the Wages, Roberts and Pannel families left SC.
Again, thanks for sharing your information
Anita Wages

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2003 5:44PM GMT
My great-great-grandfather, Andrew Wages, was born in 1802 in Fairfield Co, SC. Do you know if he might be related to your Andrew Wages (b. 1790)?

Andrew Wages

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 9:22PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2006 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Wages, Levister, Corder, Beasley
Susan,
You are the very first person who even has an Andrew Wages in their family who has contacted me. We have definitely traced our line to John Wages born 1812, whose wife was Lucrecia (Cressa) Corder Wages (1819). We think his father is Andrew Wages, as there was an Andrew age 60, living with his son Nicholas Wages (age 30) in the Chester County SC 1850 census and they were only 3 houses away from our John (1812). If your Andrew was born 1802, they were probably related, but this isn't our Andrew. The 1802 Andrew is only 10 years older than our John (1812). Your Andrew may have been a nephew, named for our Andrew. I would like to share and compare Wages info with you.
Thanks,
Anita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.