Search for content in message boards

German name for Moravian place

German name for Moravian place

Posted: 19 Jun 2008 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Hartman(n)
I need help!

I have just found my ancestors on the German Passenger lists. I can't quite make out where they came from (something wald, Moravia), which, even if I could, would need to be translated from German.

I have attached a jpeg file with the page from the list. The Jacob Hartmann family appears on the left-hand side, just below the dark line running across the middle of the page.

Please contact me at dvp002001@hotmail.com if you may be able to help. Thank you.
Attachments:

Re: German name for Moravian place

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi
Jakob, Josefa, Margaretha and Emilia Hartmann were from Schoenwald in Moravia. Next Franz Brachta and Valentin Krada were from same town. Schoenwald is now Sumvald near Sumperk, abt 25 km northern of Olomouc town. The parish registers are in archive in Opava or in Olomouc.
All the best. Tony

Re: German name for Moravian place

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was so worried about how to decipher the handwriting and translate it to a Moravian place! This means a great deal to my family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.