Search for content in message boards

Looking for the parents of James Franklin, Jr. born in Amherst County, Virginia

Looking for the parents of James Franklin, Jr. born in Amherst County, Virginia

Tammy Clements (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2003 5:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker, Franklin, Daugherty, Furlong, Armstrong, Taliaferro, Myers, Horrell, etc.
James Franklin is my 4th great grandfather. He married Nancy Whitten in 1802. They also lived in Kentucky. Their son Felix Grundy also lived in Texas. Any help with this line would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for info on the Horrell Family of Amherst Co, Virginia in the 1700s

comAlna (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2003 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Horrell Harrell Harrill
I am search for the first Horrel family members who came to Amherst Co., VA from England. Housand Horrell/Harrell was born in England in 1737 and had a son named Housen Harrill around 1770 in Rutherford Co., NC.

Re: Looking for info on the Horrell Family of Amherst Co, Virginia in the 1700s

Tammy Clements (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2003 9:59PM GMT
You can e-mail me direct at cntclements@plateautel.net and that way I maybe able to help you better.

Re: Looking for the parents of James Franklin, Jr. born in Amherst County, Virginia

Posted: 6 Dec 2013 4:17PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2013 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Franklin Roach
Any luck? I'm brick-walled at James Franklin too. Y-DNA indicates that this Franklin male line is Type III Irish. Note that there is a possible connection to the Roach surname.

Re: Looking for the parents of James Franklin, Jr. born in Amherst County, Virginia

Posted: 6 Dec 2013 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Franklin
Correct. This line appears to have an NPE at some point connecting it to the Roach surname. At this point to validate/verify, I would seek out a second male Franklin from a different branch (i.e. a different son) to test. If the two match the entire branch from that point forward is confirmed to the Roach connection, if not, you have additional information and can direct further testing from that data.

Posted: 7 Dec 2013 4:19PM GMT
I suspect that the NPE is a Roach child that was adopted into a Franklin family in Ireland but possibly in the era of early Scotch-Irish Virginia settlement. All of the Roach "matches" were 3-6 steps removed from me which would statistically imply that the Roach surname connection occurred before my GGG Grandfather James Franklin. Finding his lineage has proved elusive to this point. Hopefully, more Franklin males will be Y-DNA tested in the future.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.