Kennedys in Southwest Virginia

Kennedys in Southwest Virginia

Posted: 4 Feb 2001 6:17PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2003 1:53AM GMT
My father was Billy Jackson Kennedy 1929-1980
My Grandfather was Chester Kennedy
My great Grandfather was John Kennedy
My great, great Grandfather was Forrest Kennedy
That is as far as I have gotten. Any help would be appreciated. Dickenson County Virginia ia where they lived.

Re: Kennedys in Southwest Virginia

Lisa Kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2002 6:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy
I am in search of my Kennedy ancestors in Southwestern West Virginia. My ggparents are Eli and Lilly Blankenship Kennedy (Kenda) who were married on December 10, 1904 in Wyoming Co., WV. Their son is my gfather - Floyd Kennedy who was killed in a mining accident in a War Eagle WV coal mine in 1936 or 1937. Might you have any information on this group. I seem to feel as though the name Billy Jack you mentioned in your email sounded familar to me.

Posted: 4 Jul 2002 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2003 1:53AM GMT
None of those names match any that I have. It was Billy Jackson Kennedy that I mentioned, he is my father. His father is Chester Kennedy, His father was John Kennedy. If I can help any further please feel free to let me know.

Posted: 13 Jul 2012 7:36PM GMT
My grandfather's name was Floyd Kennedy, he married Nora Smith. Their children were Charles, Marriata, Jean, Paul, Robert(my father),and Geraldine. My name is Paul Kennedy. Nora's parents were Larkin Smith, and Parthena Hatfield.....don't know if this is anything to you, but I sure hope so, i've hit a major wall.

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 7:14PM GMT
Forrest`s father was Pleasant Kennedy (spelled Kenady at the time) of Russell/Dickenson County, VA . Pleasants`s father was John Kennedy (1797-1888)of Russell County, VA. John`s father was David Kennedy (spelled Canady) who died on a horse selling trip in "the Carolina`s" in 1800. His wife Elizabeth Conway Canady was shot and killed by a neighbor in spring of 1800, leaving John and his sister Mary orphans. I am the g grand daughter of Forrest Kennedy, my grandfather was Esltle Kennedy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.