Search for content in message boards

CORBIN DNA Project Report - Free Test Offers

CORBIN DNA Project Report - Free Test Offers

Posted: 26 May 2007 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corbin
This message is a progress report on the CORBIN Y-chromosome DNA Surname Project, including an offer of subsidized testing for descendants of several specific progenitors. The project now has ten members, with results returned for all ten. They fall into six genetically unrelated groups, meaning the CORBIN surname has at least six separate origins.

I. Haplogroup G: We have a match for a descendant of Clement CORBIN of Woodstock, CT, and Phillip CORBIN of Danbury, CT.

II. Haplogroup I1a-AngloSaxon-2: A descendant of James CORBIN of Pittsylvania Co., VA, then Adair Co., KY, who has no matches. This is the James CORBIN who married Elizabeth ADAMS and is believed to descend from John CORBIN of Richmond, VA.

III. Haplogroup I1a-Norse: A descendant of Peter CORBIN of Lexington Co., SC, who has no matches. This is the Peter CORBIN who married Elizabeth SEAWRIGHT.

IV. Haplogroup R1b1c: A descendant of Edward CORBIN of Hampton Co., SC, who has no match. This is the son of widow Penelope CORBIN, whose husband has never been identified.

V. Haplogroup R1b1c: Two descendants of William CORBIN, of Baltimore Co., MD, and Huntingdon Co., PA, a presumed descendant of Nicholas CORBIN, 1671 immigrant to Maryland, are a high-level match.

VI. Haplogroup R1b1c6: Three descendants of Peter CORBIN of Pickens Co., SC, are a tight match. This is the Peter CORBIN who married Elizabeth __?__.

Testing subsidies:

1. A 50% subsidy for testing a descendant of Benjamin CORBIN (c1732-1813) of Baltimore [now Carroll] Co., MD, the one who married Sarah SIAS.

2. A 100% subsidy (free test!) for a descendant of Henry CORBIN (1629-1675), of Hall End, Warwickshire, England, and Lancaster [now Middlesex] Co., VA.

3. A 100% subsidy (free test!) for a descendant of George CORBIN (c1630s- ), of Northampton Co., VA.

4. A 100% subsidy (free test!) for a descendant of Nicholas CORBIN, the 1671 immigrant to Maryland.

All subsidies are at the discretion of the donor and hinge on the donor's acceptance that the test subject has a solid paper trail to their respective ancestors. Test subject must agree to share the results of their testing, including uploading them to the Ysearch database. (They need not, however, share their identity with anyone except the project administrator and the testing lab.) For further information on the project, test conditions, test results, and member lineages, please visit the project web site:

http://dgmweb.net/genealogy/DNA/Corbin/CorbinDNA.shtml

If you are eligible and interested in accepting one of the subsidies, please contact me privately. My email address is linked to my name, above.

Diana
Admin, CORBIN Y-chromosome DNA Surname Project

free DNA test for desc/o Moses CORBIN, SC > FL

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 10:34AM GMT
Seeking a patrilineal descendant of Moses CORBIN, born ca. 1814 in South Carolina, who married Harriet __?__ and moved to Florida.

http://dgmweb.net/genealogy/FGS/Corb/CorbinMoses-Harriet_.sh...

A donor is offering a *free* DNA test to a male surnamed CORBIN who descends from Moses on a direct male (patrilineal) line. Only one test is being offered, so the early bird gets the test!

Conditions are that the test subject submit his patrilineal ancestry in the form of family group sheets, that he sign a release allowing sharing of his test results, and that the results be uploaded to Ysearch. Note that sharing of results does not mean sharing of identity; all project members remain anonymous to the public. Only the project admin, testing lab, and donor necessarily need know the identity of the test subject. Acceptance of the test subject is at the discretion of the donor and project admin, upon their satisfaction that the paper connection between the subject and progenitor is valid.

If you are eligible and interested, please contact me privately (my email address can be found by clicking my name, above).

Diana Gale Matthiesen
Administrator, CORBIN Y-chromosome DNA Surname Project

results of DNA test for desc/o Moses CORBIN, SC > FL -- a match!

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 12:51AM GMT
We had an individual accept the DNA testing offer, and his results have returned. This individual descends from Simeon Jackson CORBIN

http://dgmweb.net/genealogy/FGS/Corb/CorbinSimeonJackson-Mar...

who is either the son or a nephew of Moses CORBIN. His results show a high-level DNA match with the previously tested descendant of Edward CORBIN of Hampton Co., SC:

http://dgmweb.net/genealogy/DNA/Corbin/CorbinDNA-results-HgR...

While the identity of their immigrant ancestor is still unknown, it's a major advance for these two otherwise elusive CORBIN lines to have at least connected with each other.

A big THANK YOU to both test subjects for this advance!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.