Search for content in message boards

Desperately Seeking the Right Adkins'

Desperately Seeking the Right Adkins'

Kristi Adkins Rossitto (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ADKINS, WHITT, SUBLETT
I am desperately looking for information on John Wesley Adkins! John Wesley was born March 10, 1846 in Morgan County, Kentucky (according to Death Cert). He married Sarah "Sally" Whitt d/o Richard Whitt, Jr. John and Sally had the following children: Winford b. 1896 married Molly Wilson; Amanda b. 1890 married Castle/Russell Wilson; Hallie M. b. 1888 married Matthew Rowe; Edward b. 1882 married Rinda Ellen Sublett; Jesse b. 1885; James Walter b. 1893 married Ellen Hitch; Wesley b. 1880; Daniel b. 1883; Mallie married John Miler; Lou married John Sublett; Allfair (died young); Virgie married George Lee Howard; and Martha married ? Whitt. I am looking for parents, siblings, etc of Joe. We have been told several things by different sources and family stories but nothing can be proven. John Wesley's death certificate shows his parents as Joe and Susie Adkins. We have been told that Joe could have been Joel and actually was known as either "Black Joel" or "Devil Joe". Would love to hear from anyone relating to any of these families and especially with info on Joe or Susie parents of John Wesley, am willing to share what information I have.

Devil Joe

Marcha Foley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins

Hi, I read with interest your post and remembered
that I had heard the name Devil Joe before. I think
his name was Joseph and he was a confederate during
the civil war. This is the email address for one of
his decendants. clarkgray@yahoo.com.

I am looking for a Marion Adkins, son of George
Adkins and Molly Wicker. Marion was born approx.
1871 in Elliott or Morgan County. Do you have any
infomation on him? I know Marion had a nephew named
George Walter Adkins. George Walter had sons, named
Guy, Paul and Herman.

Let me know If I can help more, I will check my
records further for more info.

Re: Desperately Seeking the Right Adkins'

Posted: 28 May 2012 5:45AM GMT
I am looking for any information on Winford Adkins and his wife Molly/Mollie...Can anyone help?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.