Search for content in message boards

Search for decendents/John Sawyer murder near Knoxville,TN,1892

Search for decendents/John Sawyer murder near Knoxville,TN,1892

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sawyer/Massey/Street/Trammell
I am dtr of Roudalph A Trammell,g dtr of Martha Ellen Massey Sawyer b.1892,dtr of John Sawyer b.abt1862 Swain,NC.Alleged fam history notes him shot day was to mary Lula Massey Street near Knoxville,TN.He widowed(no wf name) with 4 sm sons.Although Gunsmith by trade he wrk'd at lumber mills.Sons liv'd w g-parents,maybe Swain,NC.Lula& John liv'd secretly his cabin in Cumberlands,awaiting her divorce fr John Peter Street & birth of Martha.I've search 20yrs for info on sons& wf,dec'd before 1892.Can't find death recs,news artl's,Lula's divor file/Knoxv,TN.Help.Thnx

Re: Search for decendents/John Sawyer murder near Knoxville,TN,1892

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 7:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Trammell, Massey, Sawyer
I am the granddaughter of Ollie Mae Trammell Whitley, d/o James Monroe Trammell and Martha Ellen Massey. I have not heard the stories about Johnny Sawyer and Lula Massey, but wondered about Martha's last name. Americus Trammell was my great-uncle and I think you did the research to find his lost family for him--Ollie and her children--just before he died. Would very much like to get in touch with you. Please email me at joannagentry@roadrunner.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.