Search for content in message boards

Sorrells in 1500's and 1600's

Sorrells in 1500's and 1600's

Ann Thurman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sorrell, Ocanny, Woodward, Everard, Frank, Tarling
I am interested in getting info on Sorrells beginning with Anna b 1707 in Westmoreland Co, Va to Thomas and Eliz (Ocanny), and mar Samuel Earle 1726 Richmond or Westmoreland Co. Thomas b 1637 James City Co, Va, and d c Feb 1726 Westmoreland Co. He mar Eliz c 1690 in Va. Thomas was s/o John who d 1702 James City Co and mar Mary (?). John was s/o Robt b 1615-20 Eng, d 1676 Jamestown, Va, mar Rebecca Woodward 22 Nov 1643 Essex, Eng. He was s/o Robt and Mary (Everard). This Robt b c 1594 Eng, and was s/o another Robt and Margery (Tarling or Frank). This last Robt was s/o John and Alice(Tendring)and John was s/o Thomas.
I would especially like to know the parents of all the Sor-
rell wives, and birth & death dates and places.
I'll be glad to share all that I have.
Thanks, Ann Thurman

Re: Sorrells in 1500's and 1600's

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 3:42PM GMT
you've probably gotten answers to your questions by now, but most of the line you are asking about is in my public family tree on ancestry.com. sorrells-mercer family tree 4aug2012.

giles sorrells

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 2:56PM GMT
Giles, I am down from this line too. Where is your public tree? I just started a new facebook page for Sorrells, Sorrell, and Sorel. I am fairly new at this and want to know more about family and make new connections with long lost cousins.
https://www.facebook.com/SorrellsFamiliesUnite?ref=ts&fr...

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 3:02PM GMT
I am down through this line too.
I just started a Sorrells face book page to connect all us long lost cousins and share pics and info. Check it out and please share. I am very interested.
https://www.facebook.com/SorrellsFamiliesUnite?ref=ts&fr...

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2013 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: sorrells
My tree on ancestry.com is sorrells-mercer family tree 4aug2012, however it currently has some minor errors in it. I'm in the process of correcting the errors off-line and plan on uploading a version that fixes known errors and expands the Sorrells lineage in it. Will upload within the next month The best method that I have found to find cousins is through Ancestry DNA testing. I'm not very keen on using facebook for genealogy. pls e-mail me at giles@mtco.com and I'll send you a couple of pdf files with my direct line ancestors back to Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois.

Thanks
Giles Sorrells
Germantown Hills Il

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 9:51PM GMT
I am very interested in this line also. I am willing to pay for the DNA testing for a proven descendant if someone can provide me with the name and contact information. I believe this to be my line as well-but need a documented descendant. My direct email is finchums@usinternet.com. Or view my website: http://www.sorrellsgenealogy.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.