Search for content in message boards

Almira Williams, dau of Swain Williams and Mary A. Philbrook

Almira Williams, dau of Swain Williams and Mary A. Philbrook

Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Philbrook, Williams
I am wondering if any of you had a Philbrook living in California who had an old aunt by the name of Almira living with them about 1945-1948?
Almira was born Almira Williams and married (at age 32 in 1887)don't know husbands name, I believe she was a widow when she lived in California with her nephew.
I have a letter that Almira's neice wrote that said, she, Almira was living in California with a nephew.
It is entirely possible that the newphew's name was not Philbrook, but even tho it is a long shot, I thought I would throw this out there.
I usually write better queries than this, "really I do!"
I would appreciate any hints or advise anyone can give.
thanks so very much.
Connie Bottolfsen Loftus
email addy: connierl@pionet.net that is an L just before the @ sign.

Re: Almira Williams, Morehead, Stafford,dau of Swain Williams and Mary A. Philbrook

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2003 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Philbrook, Williams, Morehead, Stafford, Ball
I have found that Almira Williams married first Robert Morehead, he was in the Civil war and he died young. Almira then married David B. Stafford. in Russiaville,IN. they moved to KS and evidently Almira was a widow when she was living in California with an unnamed nephew.
They, David Stafford and Almira probably lived near her sister (Lizzie) Elizabeth (Williams) Ball, and her husband Daniel in Kansas.

This is the detail of what I have:
Almira J. Williams, dau of Swain Williams and Mary A. Philbrook, was married first to Robert
R. Morehead on the 13th Day of April 1876. (marriage liscense issued 12th day of April, 1876
by Judge George M Grassen/Grafsen (he spells his name both ways in the affidavit. He also
states that the bride was Allie J. Williams.) The Minister also spells her name Allie J.
Williams. "I do hereby certify that on the thirteenth day of April 1876, I soleminized the
marriage of Mr. Robert R. Moorhead with Miss Allie J. Williams. J. W. Osborn, Minister of
the Gospel." Robert and Allie were married near Alexadria, Licking Co. OH.

Robert R. Morehead died: on the 21st day of August 1879 at Centerburg, Knox Co. Ohio. Died
of consumption.(also stated that he (Robert) died of Hemorage of the Lungs) Robert was with
Co D. 160th Ohio, Vol. Inft. Pension Claim # 314564.

Almira then married David B. Stafford on the 3rd day of July 1887 at Russiaville, Howard Co.
Indiana. (This marriage liscense and marriage certificate show her as Almira Moorhead.)
the marriage liscense was issued on the 2nd Day of July, 1887, by H.M. Sailors.
marriage certificate was signed by Rev James L. Miller State of Indiana, Howard Co.

I have been in contact with Michael P. in regard to this family. but I have not found Almira in CA or who she was living with or her death date or place of death.
any help would be much appreciated.
Connie

Re: Almira Williams, Morehead, Stafford,dau of Swain Williams and Mary A. Philbrook

Posted: 19 Oct 2001 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2001 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Grassen, Graste, Gastel
Hi everybody,
My mothersname was Graste now.
Since 1600 till 1800 was the familyname Grassen.
I have a lot off documents about Grassen.
Interesting ?
We come from german orgine.Westfalen ( Germany )
greetings, adrie van gastel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.