Search for content in message boards

Mason, Francis

Mason, Francis

James Mason (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2004 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: MASON
Seeking information on the above individual, born in 1566 in Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, England and died December 1621 in London.
thank you, in advance.

Re: Mason, Francis

Kari (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2005 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2005 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: Mason, Edwards
James--

I started researching this "Francis Mason" as part of my search for the ancestors of Isaac Mason and Nancy Edwards of Giles Co., TN.

What I've learned so far (and it's almost all Internet knowledge, so be warned), is that there really WAS a Francis Mason with these dates. He was Archdeacon of Norfolk and a private confessor of King James I...and wrote sermons "advising" James that can still be read in the British Museum. However...in most genealogies of the American Lt. Francis Mason of Virginia I've found, the Lieutenant's father is listed as "Francis Mason of England" with the EXACT same dates as the Archdeacon. BUT...in the one biography of the Archdeacon I've read, three children are listed and none of them are named "Francis." So I'm still trying to figure out it there's a connection.

Hope this helps--what do you know?

Kari D.

Re: Mason, Francis

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Mason
Hi Kari,

Read your post and would like very much to visit with you regarding the Mason families of Warwickshire County. I also saw that you are researching Isaac Mason of Giles Co. TN. Isaac is descended from Joseph Mason the brother of my ancestor Henry Mason. DNA testing was not done on the Masons buried in the Giles Co. Cemetery. I verified this last year.

If you have not visited the Mason Worldwide DNA Study, please do so as there are three descendants of Christopher Mason who took the study...my brother Gene Mason for Henry; Ron Mason for Christopher Jr. and Will Mason for Joseph Mason.

Please contact me at cca44@aol.com. I would love to visit with you.

Sincerely,
Carolyn Mason Anderson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.