Search for content in message boards

Harshbarger family in Illinois

Harshbarger family in Illinois

Beverly Samosky White (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HARSHBARGER, COX
I am searching for any information regarding PETER C. HARSHBARGER or WILLIAM HARSHBARGER, both of whom allegedly lived in Wayne County, Illinois, after the Civil War. Peter was married to HENRIETTA HELEN COX. Peter died in 1866 and supposedly is buried next to his Uncle William. Any information regarding the HARSHBARGER family will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Harshbarger family in Illinois

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Harshbarger
Peter C. Harshbarger went to Wayne County,Ill right he got out of the Union Army. He joined his Uncle, William Harshbarger there. Peter C. was the son of David Harshbarger Jr. David Jr and William were brothers and the sons of David Sr. Peter C. died in 1866 at the age of 26. He is buried in the same cemetery as his Uncle William which is the Farnsworth Cemetery behind the Mt. Zion Methedest Church in Wayne County, Ill. I was there in 1994 and took pictures of the Harshbargers there in that cemetery.
Bill Harshbarger

Re: Harshbarger family in Illinois

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2004 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Burrell Bratton Forth Stoker Fann Edens Elliott
I have had contact with a Harshbarger, who was also looking for info on the Leathers family. One of the Leathers and John William Bratton migrated to Skagit co Washington fron Wayne co IL.. There is a Noel Boursaw who is editor of a journal there in Skagit co; on which Beverly has put her family info there. She has worked long on it and should be proud of her efforts.
John Wm Bratton married Mabel Forth in Wayne co; the Forth family was active in wayne co for some time as well as
other parts of the midwest. Bonnie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.