Search for content in message boards

Baldridge Cherokee connection

Baldridge Cherokee connection

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 1:11PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 6:37PM GMT
The Book CHEROKEE PLANTERS IN GEORGIA 1832-1838-iT TELLS THAT THE BALDRIDGE NAME CAME FROM THE CREEK THAT RUN BY THEIR HOME IN WALKER COUNTY, GEORGIA. THEY LIVED AT LOOKOUT VALLEY WEST OF LOOKOUT MOUNTAINS. JOHN ROSS APPOINTED JOHN BALDRIDGE TO GO TO WASHINGTON DC BEFORE THE TRAIL OF TEARS. HE WAS ON THE COMMITTEE AGAINST REMOVAL. JOHN AND JAMES SERVED ON GOVERING COMMITTEEAS COUNCIL MEMBERS. SEE HISTORY OF THE CHEROKEE BY EMMETT STARR. THERE IS A BALDRIDGE CEMENTARY IN OKLAHOMA WITH HEADSTONES IN CHEROKEE. THERE IS ALSO A JACK BALDRIDGE. JOHN BALDRIDGE OWN LAND IN HAMILTON COUNTY, TN.
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 4:44PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:50PM GMT
I am also doing research on the Baldridge line. I am so excited to find someone else that is doing the same line.
http://cherokee4.homestead.com/Home.html
or
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/l/i/t/Kenyon-C-Li...
I have allot of info I would love to share...help me get some people in line..
I am have trouble with Captain Baldridge and need help..

Captain Baldridge

Posted: 24 Feb 2001 9:58AM GMT
I have some info on Captain Baldridge. He was born 1810 and died about 1863. He was in Blount County Al in 1835. His father was George Baldridge. (There seems to be more than 1 George) He is on the Drennan roll in the Illinois District Cherokee Nation Indian Territory. E mail me and ask questions and I will try to answer. I have several books of history on the cherokees and will look up if I do not know. Elva
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 7:53AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:50PM GMT
My grandmother was Maggie Mae Duncan and her and her mother was Katie Baldridge, grandfather was William Baldridge (ill. 51 on Drennen roll, great grandfather was Captain Baldridge (ill. 24 on Drennen roll) and on the 35 roll, page 13, in Alabama.
I have allot of info from Nancy Benge Testimony and I have the Dawes of George Baldridge #3527-3538, where in state wife Nannie, children Lucy, Rosie, Ada, William, Floyd E. Mary, Bluford, George, Eliza Jane, Delila E....

There is to many Georges, William..and I am so confused on who goes to who.

Now Katie Baldridge who is my grandmother mother had a sister (Eliza Baldridge)and a brother (William Baldridge)in which I have photos of them and they were made in 1886.

Now some where one of the Baldridges was Married to Nancy Fox.

Was Captain Baldridge father another George.

Hawk, Fox, Green , Runabout etc..who do they belong too...

See...I don't know what order they go in and which William, George goes to who...
This pea brain has over work it self...LOL

My email adress is
Don_Littles@Worldnet.att.net

Re: Baldridge, Cherokee connection

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 12:03AM GMT
Si-yo,
My name is jim baldridge, I live in Tahlequah, OK the original Capitol of the Cherokee Nation.
You listed all my family members.........my mother was Mary.
Floyd, Bill, Eliza Jane........all were my uncles and aunties.
George and Nannie were my Grandparents.
My mailing address is Rt 1 Bx 173 Gore Oklahoma 77435.
I recently changed my name back to the Baldridge clan.
Bluford Baldridge has descendents also living in Tahlequah.
I was married (40 yrs ago) to a direct descendent of Gen. Stand Waite.
I know I am getting old when I discovered that I have greater blood degree than 90% of the Cherokee Nation (West).
I have lived and worked with most of the Tribal Nations in America; 20 yrs with the Indian Health Service.
I would be glad to hear from you re: your background where you live etc..
Happy Trails
jim baldridge

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Baldridge/Duncan
I am so glad to meet you. My grandmother was Maggie Mae Duncan and her parent Katie Baldridge and Samuel Duncan who both were Cherokee. The Dawes states that Captain Baldridge who is on the 1835 Cheokee Census, Blount Co., Alabama.was her blood line. I don't know how they figure this stuff out...because it states that they both were Cherokee...that is Samuel and Katie...I would love to find out more on the Baldridge line. I have been so confuse on who belongs to who. I also would love any stories that has been passed down. I take care of my mother who is 87 young and haven't been able to get to Tahlequah....I also hope to go to grandma land she had and to walk where she did and raised 13 children in the Texanna area. She lived with my mother untill she passed on. I loved her very much. She could speak Cherokee and would try and teach me...of couse that didn't happen because I could get the sounds down and we both would start laughing...any way hope to hear from you soon...
Kenyon Littles
Round Rock, Texas

Re: Captain Baldridge

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Baldridge/Duncan
Sorry I missed you message...and I have tried to get your e-mail address to pop up...but no Luck.

My address is
Don_Littles@Worldnet.att.net

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Apr 2002 7:22PM GMT
HAVE YOU HEARD OF A COLSTON BALDRIDGE?
CJW1@INTERNETCDS.COM

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 9:29PM GMT
No, I have not heard of a Coloson BALDRIDGE Sorry

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Baldridge
There are two Colston Baldridges that I have info on. E-mail me direct and I'll share any info that I have. They were my great uncle and gr-great grandfather. Hope to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.