Search for content in message boards

Lidy Ann KIRKLAND PROCTOR JOHNSON DURDEN MEARS EDENFIELD

Lidy Ann KIRKLAND PROCTOR JOHNSON DURDEN MEARS EDENFIELD

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone give me more information on Lidy Ann KIRKLAND PROCTOR JOHNSON DURDEN MEARS EDENFIELD? I know nothing about her except she supposely was the sister of Mary Kirkland. Can you tell me who her parents were or where she came from? Thanks, Nadine

Re: Lidy Ann KIRKLAND PROCTOR JOHNSON DURDEN MEARS EDENFIELD

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 1:25AM GMT
When was she born?
When did she die?
Where is she buried?
Where did the federal censuses say she lived? Born? parents?
What information do you have on Mary Kirkland?
Do you know how many Mary Kirkland's lived in Florida through out the ages?

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 3:28AM GMT
According to Lydia's grave marker she was born in 1840. I find that hard to believe since she married her first husband William Proctor July 20, 1857 in Decatur county Georgia. She died 17 Feb 1922. She is buried in Shady Grove cemetery in Jackson county Florida.
I haven't found her on a census yet. I don't know the name of her parents. That is the information I need. Stories claim Mary Kirkland is her sister. I have no proof of that either. Mary Kirkland married Drew Roberts. Mary was born in Georgia about 1840. I don't know when she died except it was between 1900 and 1910 or who her parents are either.
The number of Mary Kirkland is mind boggling which is why i am trying to find Mary and Lydia together. I have looked through every page of the 1850 Decatur county Georgia census for a Kirkland but couldn't see one.

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 11:48AM GMT
Do not know why you find it hard to believe she married at 17? That isn't robbing the cradle by a long shot.
You might try requesting a death certificate. $5.00 and a couple of weeks. If the informant knew her, then the parents might be on there.
I would try the place she married for parents. Don't think she traveled that far.
Good Hunting,
Frank
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.