Search for content in message boards

Fletchers originating in Lancashire

Fletchers originating in Lancashire

Posted: 16 May 2002 9:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2003 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Fletcher
In my early teens I was diagnosed with a condition called Hypermobility which is known to be inherited.

Last year I decided to investigate my ancestry to determine which family the condition came from. I have now established the link back to the Fletcher family of Burnley,Lancashire.

I will be interested to hear from any Fletcher descendants who trace back to Lancashire and to hear whether there is any history of hypermobility (double-jointedness) known to them.

Re: Fletchers originating in Lancashire

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2002 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Goad-Burgess
I have Fletcher family and they come from Halton Hall, Halton, Lancashire.

Robert Fletcher, the rector of Halton church Lancashire, who was married to Sarah Bradshaw
They had a son William Bradshaw Fletcher who was to change his name to William Bradshaw Bradshaw to in herit Halton Hall and land. There where other children but I do not have that info. Have you come accross any of these names in your search?
Regards Kathy

Posted: 22 Sep 2003 6:42AM GMT
I am familiar with this historical reference.I am searching for a great uncle, "James Fletcher" born September,1884 in Castleton,Rochdale,Lancashire,England.He travelled to the US or Canada between 1916 and 1923.He had two younger brothers,one was my great grandfather Henry Marshall Fletcher.

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: BRADSHAW.
Hi

I'm in Adelaide and have been doing free research for people all over the world who want information about ancetors/family who came to South Australia in the 1800's

I have already found and sent off some Bradshaw information, but I still have a small amount to send off.

I can't find the original request, so I am sending the following to you, as you obviously are interested in the Bradshaw.

The following is what I found:-

MARRIAGE

Robert Feltcher Bradshaw married Sarah Ann Bradshaw 6th July 1819 in Halton, Lancashire England.

APPLICATION FOR FREE PASSAGE TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA.

Robert Feltcher Bradshaw, occupation agricultural labourer of Poulton By The Sands, Somerset applied for a free passage to South Australia on 2nd October 1837. The application No. was 1458 and the embarkation No. 835.

(I am not sure if Poulton By The Sands is right, as I know absolutely nothing about various places in England.)

1841 SOUTH AUSTRALIAN CENSUS.

The Colony of South Australia did not become a colony until 1842. The only records in the early 1840's in South Australia start at 1842.

I found the following information in the 1841 SOUTH AUSTRALIAN CENSUS.

Robert Bradshaw, and 2 sone under 14 years, and 1 male under 50 years, and 3 daughter under 7 years, and 2 daughters under 14 years and 3 women under 21 years and one lady aged under 50 years all resided in South Terrace, Adelaide in the 1841 Census.

(Prior to the Census, many hundreds of immigrants from overseas survived by living in tents in the grassed area around the city of Adelaide. Very unhygienic!! Many died!)

CHILD BORN IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA TO ROBERT FLETCHER BRADSHAW & SARAH ANN BRADSHAW IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA.

Olive born 15th February 1888 in Adelaide, District Adelaide daughter of Sarah Badshaw reference book 12 page 338.

It's not much, but I hope you can fit it in somewhere with the information already send.

Regards

Heather
in a lovely sunny afternoon
in Adelaide
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.