Search for content in message boards

Blacketts

Blacketts

Lorette H. (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2002 11:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Re: my earlier response to the inquiries of Joan, Vincent and Nigel on Althe Blackett, my e mail is Loritah@aol.com

Re: Blacketts in Barbados

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 5:26AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2004 12:23AM GMT
I have been research Blackard in Barbados and I've run across many sound-alike variations:

blackard
blanchard
blackyard
blackate
blacchard

I haven't noticed Blackett yet. What time period were they there?

andy

Re: Blacketts

Terence M. Blackett (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 4:29PM GMT
The Blackett's history is principally European in its beginnings... Somewhere in the middle ages the name was associated with the aristocracy...Later, members of the clan were responsible for engineering work in designing and constructing the rail network.... There is also a Nobel Peace prize winner amongst us....

G.Williams (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2004 10:45AM GMT
My grandmother Enitha Morris from St. Peter ,born in 1912 to a Mrs.Horton Blackett (mother) and Oscar Morris.
Grace

Terence Blackett (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2004 6:55PM GMT
Thank you for info...I will be looking into any possible connections... I can be reached in the UK at: 441376510060 anytime day or night....

Posted: 29 Mar 2004 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: BLACKETTS
Hi
I wonder if we are related. my gggranfather was Thomas Blackett, he married Emily Creed. they lived in Durham Yorks

Rgds

Dawn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.