Search for content in message boards

need help !

need help !

Don LePrell (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LePrell
If anyone has ever heard of any LePrells in New York, or concerning a Catholic orphanage, in western New York...please contact me. The time frame would have been late 1800's.
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2003 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: LAPARL, LEPREALL
Don,

I'm researching the LAPARL/LEPREALL/HOFFMAN family that were from New York. LAPARL has many variations and I'm sure LEPRELL could be one. Here's some of the data from the family I'm researching. Hope it helps shed some light.

LeAnn Hugeback

1. LAWRENCE1 HOFFMAN was born November 29, 1816 in New York State or Bayern (Bavaria) Germany, and died February 12, 1883 in Willey, IA. He married MARY ANN LEPREALL/LAPARL/LABRELL Bef. 1853. Mary Ann is the daughter of John and Magdalena Laparl of Alsac, Lorraine, France.

Notes for LAWRENCE HOFFMAN:
*Notes from Census data: 1850 census, Lancaster, Erie Co., N.Y. (Same county as Buffalo) listed Lawrence, age 34 born in Germany, staying with the Frankenberry family. 1880 census, Pleasant Valley, Carroll Co., Iowa listed Lawerence (63) and Mary (56) Hoffman and sons Joseph (19) and John (17). Lawrence was listed as born in N.Y. and his parents in Bayern. Mary's parents were both listed as born in France.

Notes (Jul 98) from Phyllis Wessling (wessling@ncn.net): The Laparl/Hoffman family was from Lancaster, N.Y., suburb of Buffalo. Joseph was baptised in St. Mary's Lancaster, N.Y. Lawrence Hoffman worked in a tannery in the Lancaster area. Laparl I have found spelled so many ways. My dad told me it was Lepperal when I first began research. The Laparls were from the Alsac Lorraine area in France and first U.S. record I have for them is land sale 1838. No record of purchase of the land. Finding records for them in N.Y. has been very difficult. Hoffman is a very common name.

Children of LAWRENCE HOFFMAN and MARY LEPREALL/LAPARL/LABRELL are:
2. i. JOSEPH2 HOFFMAN, b. August 10, 1859, Buffalo, New York; d. October 15, 1939, Willey, IA.

ii. LAWRENCE HOFFMAN JR., b. 1853, Lancaster Erie Co., N.Y.; d. 1919; m. ANNA KENNEBECK, February 04, 1882.
3. iii. MARY HOFFMAN, b. February 23, 1854, Lancaster, Erie Co., N.Y.; d. May 06, 1935, Roselle, Iowa.

iv. KATHERINE "KATE" HOFFMAN, b. July 16, 1855, Lancaster, Erie Co., N.Y.; d. August 15, 1884, Willey, IA; m. ANTON BECKER.

v. GEORGE HOFFMAN, b. July 16, 1857, Lancaster, Erie Co., N.Y.; d. July 05, 1929, St. Killian, MN; m. FRANCES KENNEBECK, February 21, 1884.

vi. JOHN HOFFMAN, b. July 26, 1861, Buffalo, New York; d. November 27, 1940, Foss, OK; m. MARY FLEECE (FLIES), October 25, 1887.

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 8:59AM GMT
Le Anne, my great great great grandfather was Theobold Laparl, a brother to Mary Ann Laparl Hoffman. His daughter Mary Laparl, (1849-1917) was married to John Bechel (1846-1918), they moved to Austin, Minnesota in 1867. John and Mary had six children, their youngest daughter Tillie Bechel (later changed to Beckel), was my great grandmother, she married Harry Laufle in Austin, they had five children, their daughter Margaret married Merrill L. Monson, originally from Manilla, Iowa. They had six children, my mother Germaine Joan Monson, (1934-1997) married Bernard McGuire. I was born in St. Peter, Minnesota in 1970.
I would like to exchange information on the Laparl-Leprell family. I have been in contact with Jeff Hoffman and Phyllis Wessling. I can send you information on Theobold's descendants.

Re: LEPRELL

Posted: 12 Jul 2002 4:36PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2003 9:28PM GMT
David,

Thank you for the info. I too, have been in contact with the other two researches. Please shoot me an email at "lhugeback@netscape.net" and I'll send what I have.

Thanks,
LeAnn Hugeback
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.