Search for content in message boards

Richard Greenway family

Richard Greenway family

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
i am searching for information on the family of Richard Greenway, my great-great-great grandfather. He married a woman named Hannah, and they had a daughter named Gertrude (perhaps additional children?) Greenway, and she married Fredric Matthew Sipfle. That is the noly information on the family... if you have any possible clues on this family tree, please let me know.

Re: Richard Greenway family

Krithia (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Greenway/Williams
Have you any dates and places for this family please? Thanks.

Chelsea Smith (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 7:31PM GMT
I have no dates... I believe, lining everything up with my other GGG Grandparents, that Richard Greenway lived at the time of the Civil War. Richard Greenway immigrated to the US, I don't know from where, and I believe they settled in the Syracuse, NY area, where the family is now. I don't know his wife, Hannah's, last name... but I do know that her mother's maiden name was Bretzer. I don't know if he was in the Civil War or not.

Thank you for your interest, I hope that information helped you! :)

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 4:06AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2006 4:10PM GMT
My husband, too is descended from a Richard Greenway. Our Richard was from Virginia, though, and apparently came from England to Virginia in the 1600's. This is speculative though....haven't proven this yet.

As you certain your Richard isn't from Virginia?

Chelsea Smith (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 3:30PM GMT
I'm really not sure about where Richard Greenway is from... I have a lot on my other GGG-Grandparents, but all I know is that Richard Greenway immigrated to the US, I don't know from where, although I asume England, and I don't know where to, although since my other ancestors came to CNY when they immigrated, we just always assumed Richard did as well.
As far as other info on Richard, all I know is the given info in the family tree: he had a daughter, Gertrude, and his wife's name was Hannah, and her mother's maiden name was Bretzer.

Posted: 21 Aug 2006 10:58PM GMT
I'm also researching the Greenways in Warwickshire. I have a John Greenway 1839 married to Lydia Lunnon 1838. His father was Richard Greenway 1801 married to Hannah Webb b 1816 at Pillerton Hersey, Warwicksire. Does that help? Anything you may have would be useful too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.