Search for content in message boards

Snellings - Asa Snelling, born 1730, served in revolutionary war

Snellings - Asa Snelling, born 1730, served in revolutionary war

Pat Quinn (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling, Perry
I am looking for information on Asa Snelling, born 1730, served in revolutionary war, Aaron Snelling, his son who was married to Mary Perry and his son Moses Snelling, born May 1, 1819 (or 1814)in East Livermore, Maine or Boxford, MA.

Re: Asa Snelling - Snelling Family History website

Scott White (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1999 1:33PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Snellings
I think I can get you in touch with the info that you are looking for go to
www.eaglelink.com/snelling
That is a fairly comprehensive site for that line of Snellings that came through Maine.
If you need more respond back and I can send more info.
Thanks

Asa Snelling / Moses Snelling - David Perry Snelling, son of Aaron Snelling

Linda Bruzzone (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1999 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling, Truman
Hi Pat, I have the information you may need, as well as the site cited by Scott, which is another cousin, the son of David Perry Snelling, son of Aaron Snelling, brother of Moses Snelling, son of Asa. (There were two Moses within two generations, son of Asa, born prior to 1800 in Andover, Mass and married to a "Berry" (I have the details within my database) and Moses Snelling, with the dates you cited, being born to Aaron, in East Livermore, Massachusetts. Moses went to Massachusetts and engaged in an apprenticeship as a carpenter and then moved to Ohio, where he married Sarah Truman. They had a son, David Perry Snelling and a daughter, Sarah Snelling. Sarah died shortly after David was born, so I believe Sarah was a half sister? They moved to Iowa where he remarried then to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin and another location in Wisconsin. He worked within the lumber industry. He lived there for quite a while, my great grandfather, David Perry Snelling, enlisted in the regular army and went into the civil war in 1861 from there. From Wisconsin, I believe he moved to Illinois for a while and then onto Olathe, Kansas with his wife Caroline, who was a milliner. They had a daughter Callie. Finally, he headed to Forest Grove, Oregon and died, I belive, in Linn County, Oregon. In 1901, that was his last known address. Please don't hesitate to contact me--we love to meet new family members! I have a pretty good line on some of the Snellings and would love to share with you!

Linda

Snellings - David P. Snelling, dau Gurtrude Snelling

Patrick M. Quinn (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 5:21AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling
To: Linda Bruzzone

Hi Linda: I think we are second cousins since David P. Snelling is my great-grandfather. His daughter, Gurtrude Snelling was my grandmother and left a copy of the "Famely Historey", hand written some time before 1900. I tried to send an e-mail to Voirdire43@aol.com but it came back unaccepted. That was the address that I got from eaglelink.com/snelling. I have some information but am just thinking about retireing and seriously searching for ancestors.

Pat Quinn

Snellings - Asa Snelling, David P. Snelling

Linda L. Bruzzone (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:19AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling
Wonderful!!!! I have photographs of your great grandmother! And, we were wondering what happened to her family. I have a copy of the family history written by her father as well as much other information, a map of the old family homestead, revolutionary war files of Asa Snelling, civil war files of David P. Snelling and names of other cousins!
Now, I am getting very excited. You can contact me at my e-mail address:
Bruzzones@aol.com
SLBruzzone@cs.com

The eaglelink connection is a collaboration between David Perry Snelling, descended from David Perry Snelling, brother of Aaron. And, I have a copy of the Confessions of Sins written by Asa's father in Boxford, Massachusetts, Mark Snelling. There is quite an extensive line which I have acquired to date and would love to be able to put all the pieces together.....send me your telephone number and I will call since I don't have your e-mail address.

I would love to hear from you!

Linda

Thanks!!!!

Linda L. Bruzzone (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 4:58PM GMT
Scott, you are a sweetheart.....I will keep my eyes out on your line.....I do have family histories from Massachusetts and if you e-mail me with a fax number, I will fax what I can to help you eliminate possibilities!

Linda

Asa, Aaron, Moses Snelling et al. - Asa Snelling b 1784

Posted: 11 Aug 1999 8:24AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling, Hope, Harris
Linda:
I also have information on an Asa Snelling who married Nancy (Elizabeth, Betty) Hope.
They are the parents of Asa, b. July 13, 1784
John Haman, b. May 19, 1786
Moses, b. June 12, 1790
Betsey, b. FEb. 22, 1792
Joseph, b. Jan. 2, 1794
Melinda, b. Nov. 23, 1795
Charles Green, b. Aug. 9, 1797
All were born at Andover, Mass.

I have information on Charles Green, as my husband is descended from that branch.
Charles married Polly Harris in 1818 and is buried in Sheffield, Vt.

Would be glad to exchange information.

Re: Asa, Aaron, Moses, Charles Green - family letter written in the 1800s

Linda Bruzzone (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 3:39PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:22AM GMT
Hello Cousin and wonderful!!!!
We have been collaborating together and attempting to restore the line and would love to share information. I do have a good part of your family tree, though probably not complete. Also, have much information on Asa, his father and a family letter written in the 1800s.........please don't hestitate to contact me at Bruzzones@aol.com.

Linda

Re: Asa, Aaron, Moses, Charles Green - Charles Green Snelling

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 12:31PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling, Hope
Sandra & Linda,

Hello, my name is Richard Snelling. I recently purchased a World Family Tree CD volume 9 which has given partial insight to my lineage. It states that Charles Green is my gr-gr-gr-great grandfather. Here is the decent given;
Charles Green Snelling,
(son) Asa Elmer Snelling,
(son) Francis Byron Snelling,
(son) Ralph Byron Snelling,
(son) Kenneth Noyes Snelling,
(son) Nathan Joesph Snelling,
(son) Richard Kyle Snelling (me).

The CD also states that Charles Green's father is Asa (b1738-1770) and married to a Nancy Hope. I am assuming this information is fairly accurate. My grandmother Vivian had a fairly extensive photo album with tin pictures. Unfortunately in her later years, she lost it, most likely in Florida. Could either of you verify if this information seems correct? I really don't have much Snelling information to share except for Kenneth Noyes Snelling descendants.

Re: Asa, Aaron, Moses, Charles Green - Asa Elmer and Abba Augusta Bailey

Sandra Atkins (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2002 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Snelling, Bailey
Hello Richard:

You are descended from the same Snelling branch as my husband -- from Asa Elmer.

I have your father in a genealogy done by a member of the family about ten years ago. Your father had 3 brothers and a sister? I have a photograph of Asa Elmer and Abba Augusta Bailey that you may be interested to see. I also have as much documentation of the line as I have been able to find. It runs about 50 pages, and I would be happy to send that and a copy of the photo if you will send me your address. I would also be interested in information about your aunts, uncles, cousins, --- anything you are willing to share. The information is also in the form of a Microsoft word file, so I could send all as an e-mail attachement. Let me know what you prefer.

So happy to connect to another member of the family. Talk to you soon.

Sandy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.