Search for content in message boards

WEDNESBURY,STAFFORDSHIRE,ENGLAND PAGES TO WESTERN PA.

WEDNESBURY,STAFFORDSHIRE,ENGLAND PAGES TO WESTERN PA.

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: PAGE, OAKLEY, SLATER, LLEWELYN, REDMOND, STEELE, BEADLING, BLEWETT, COX, WESTIN, MARTIN, SMITH, WALTERS, BABCOCK, CLUGSTON, DUPPSTADT, FRANK, ST CLAIR, YEARSLEY
Looking for info and/or relatives of the REV. JOHN and CATHERINE (OAKLEY) PAGE family. They came to the Western Pennsylvania area in 1882; from England. They had 6 children that came here with them from Wednesbury, Staffordshire:
ELLEN PAGE (SLATER) b.1858-1859 d. ?
HANNAH PAGE (LLEWELYN)b.1861-1862 d. 1939
JAMES PAGE b.14 Jul 1862 d. 29 Jan 1934
LAURA PAGE (REDMOND) b.May 1865 d. ?
ELIZABETH PAGE (STEELE)b.1866-1867 d. 1942
REV. THOMAS PAGE b.21 Jun 1870 d.16 Sep 1947

THOMAS married EDITH BLEWETT of Midway, Pa.
They had 9 children; all born in or around Turtle Creek, Pa.:

NAOMI PAGE (COX)
RUTH PAGE (WESTIN)
JOHN CALVIN PAGE [ my Grandfather ]
LAURA MAY PAGE (BABCOCK)
HARRY PAGE
CATHERINE PAGE (CLUGSTON)
CHARLES EDWARD PAGE
MARY EDITH IONE PAGE (DUPPSTADT)
HANNAH MARGARET PAGE (FRANK/ST. CLAIR)

The families lived in Allegheny, Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland County.
I have much more info on these people and more if anyone is interested. I'm hoping to find out more on our line; and maybe finding a few distant relatives.

JAMES and EMMA PAGE had 7 children:

JOHN RUSSELL PAGE
GORDON PAGE
JAMES PAGE
CLIFFORD PAGE
ELLEN PAGE
HELEN PAGE (YEARSLEY) ???
FLORENCE PAGE

Please e-mail me or post a message here. THANX ! & GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Re: WEDNESBURY,STAFFORDSHIRE,ENGLAND PAGES TO WESTERN PA.

Posted: 16 Jul 2001 12:07AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2005 5:27PM GMT
Hi Gary
My mother was Mary Page Duppstadt. Which one of Uncle Cal's kids was your parent? I am sure I knew them well as my mother and dad made sure we visited at least once a year when we were kids. My youngest son is named Gary Page Duppstadt. I am retired from NASA and live in Houston. Lost touch with most of my Pennsylvania cousins after college. Just got into the geneaology thing about a year ago. My information went back to Pop (Rev. John) and Edie (Edith) and to John and Catherine, but no further.

Re: WEDNESBURY,STAFFORDSHIRE,ENGLAND PAGES TO WESTERN PA.

GARY B. PAGE (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 4:17AM GMT
Hello Bob !

This is the first time that someone from "OUR" Page line has replied to one of my posts. Needless to say, I am estatic!!!
My Grandfather, JOHN CALVIN PAGE, was more than just a Grandfather; he was my best friend; and he was always my hero. I respected that man more than anyone that I have ever known. So it is quite an honor to be contacted by a relative of his. I can only remember meeting LAURA MAY PAGE (BABCOCK) and Charlie, CHARLES EDWARD PAGE. It is a real coincidence that you are the first one to contact me; your Mom is the one Page that I haven't been able to find any info on yet. I started searching on the net this past winter on a whim. I was bored one morning, and decided to look up, Wednesbury, England. It all snow-balled from there. I didn't have too much luck on the internet. I did find THOMAS and EDITH PAGE on a 1910 U.S. Census soundex,and I found alot of good forms that lead to some death certificates and social security applications. All the best info I found was at the Carnegie Library in Oakland. I found Rev. JOHN and CATHERINE on the 1900 Census and THOMAS and JAMES PAGE and their families on the 1910 and 1920 Census. I also found the marriage dockets for James and Thomas. They both were married by their father, Rev. JOHN PAGE. I would be happy to send you copies ( via U.S. mail ) of everything that I have if you wish. My wife and kids could care less at this point; so it would be a pleasure to share all my info with someone who might be interested.
My most exiting find thus far, was finally finding out the names of John and Catherine's parents just 2 weeks ago. They were: WIILIAM PAGE and MARCY (?) SMITH
JAMES OAKLEY and MARTHA RUSSELL
I haven't any dates on them yet.

My Dad was CALVIN BRUCE PAGE ( 26 Nov 1930 - 20 Jan 1991 ). He was the eldest son of JOHN CALVIN and GOLDIE ( WALTERS ) PAGE. Both his younger brothers have passed on also; RONALD WALTERS PAGE ( 24 Dec 1934 - 26 Feb 1994 ) and THOMAS NELSON PAGE ( 20 Jan 1939 - 2 May 2000 ). DELLA PAGE ( ORR / SMITH ) the oldest of the siblings, is doing just great; we saw her and her husband twice this year. She still lives in New Brighton; and they are Florida snowbirds in the winter. She still sees a WESTIN and a SHIRLEY MARTIN, who is a Westin I believe.

I went into the Marine Corps in 1978 and my family moved to Florida a few months later. I ended up living in Florida, married a Floridian and had 3 children down there. We all moved to Pa. in 1995. I missed it ( Pa. ) very much; and am happy to be back up here. I never knew that John and Catherine moved their whole family here until April. I was always under the impression that Thomas came here by himself. Here it ends up that most of them are buried 4 miles from my house. I'm still looking for ELLEN PAGE SLATER and LAURA PAGE REDMOND. As for the next generation, I only know where John Calvin and Ruth Page Westin are buried. Here's that generation's info if you need it:

NAOMI PAGE ( COX ) b. 12 Aug 1894 d. 8 Nov 1939
RUTH PAGE WESTIN b. 11 Dec 1896 d. 3 May 1983
JOHN CALVIN PAGE b. 11 May 1899 d. 28 Sep 1989
LAURA MAY PAGE ( BABCOCK )
b. 2 Feb 1902 d. 2 Feb 1981
HARRY PAGE b. 3 Sep 1904 d. 12 Jan 1906
CATHERINE PAGE ( CLUGSTON )
b. 18 Feb 1906 d. 22 Jun 1988
CHARLES EDWARD PAGE
b. 31 Mar 1909 d. 25 Apr 1995
MARY EDITH IONE PAGE DUPPSTADT
b. 13 Oct 1911
HANNAH MARGARET PAGE ( FRANK / ST. CLAIR )
b. 29 Nov 1915 d. 21 Jan 1998

John Calvin, Goldie, Ron, and Tom are buried at Restland in Wilmerding. Rev. John and Catherine, Rev. Thomas and Edith, James, Elizabeth ( STEELE ), and Hannah ( LLEWELYN ) are buried at Grandview in North Versailles. Ruth ( WESTIN ) is next to Rev. Thomas and Edith. Two of James' sons are there also; JOHN RUSSELL PAGE and GORDON PAGE. His daughter HELEN PAGE ( YEARSLY ? ) might be there also.

I am sorry for going on so long. It's like playing with a jig-saw puzzle.............hard to put down at times.

How did you come to name your youngest son, Gary ?
Here's another kicker: My wife's name is Mary E. Page; her middle name is Elizabeth though. Is MARY EDITH IONE correct ??? My Grandfather gave me alot of this info in the 1970's; when I asked him about our roots. It might have been written up by his mom, Edith, because it had the BLEWETT side on it and his and all his siblings had the day of the week included with their birth dates.
I'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon. Could we exchange phone numbers via e-mail maybe ?......talking is so much easier. I could give you Della's phone number also; if you would like to talk to her. I was going to call her tomorrow night anyway......I can't wait to tell her that I found one of her cousins.

THANKYOU, for getting in touch with me. It was starting to seem like I was the only one from our line out there.
THANX AGAIN !!!!

GARY B. PAGE
North Huntingdon, Pa.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.