Search for content in message boards

Spearman's of Pickens Co, and Anderson Co, , SC

Spearman's of Pickens Co, and Anderson Co, , SC

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 10:33PM GMT
Do you still need info about David Desmond Spearman and his burial location? This is my direct line, also.
cyncityh@aol.com

Re: Spearman's of Pickens Co, and Anderson Co, , SC

Derrell Oakley Teat (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 4:40AM GMT
Cynthia....who asked for David Desmond Spearman burial place?....it's Shiloh Methodist Church, Piedmont, SC.
David is my GGG-Grandfather.

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 11:36AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 10:33PM GMT
Okay, I thought you didn't have it. Sorry, must have misunderstood. We have been looking for James Monroe Spearman's gravesite. We know all the others.
David Desmond is also my line of Spearmans through James Monroe's daughter, Martha Jane (Dolly).
If you have any info on where this might be, let me know. Will be happy to exchange anything I have you might need.
cyncityh@aol.com
Thanks.

Derrell Oakley Teat (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 2:59PM GMT
Morning Cynthia....Thanks for replying....Sorry I don't know where yours are buried. Have you tried checking the church records at Shiloh? Were they Methodist also? Have you checked the state records?
There's alot of mistakes in the book....but I rely on it alot.

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Spearman
Maybe you can help me...Looking for record of D I Spearman(David Isadoore), father of Charles Spearman, grandfather to David Clyde Spearman Sr., greatgrandfather to David Clyde Jr.,(my father). He was a preacher, at both Mtn. Springs and Siloam. Can't seem to find any records on him or beyond him.

Lisa Spearman
carolinabrat@yahoo.com

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 9:09PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2004 3:45AM GMT
Lisa, I have the Spearman Family Book, but don't have a David Isadoore listed. Do have a Rev. David Ivy, who pastored Mtn Creek Baptist Church, married Martha Cinellia Nalley.
The name Clyde interests me tho....my Grandfather John McDavid Spearman had a brother named Clyde born abt 1910.
Give me some dates and wives names...maybe that will help, will look thru the book.

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 9:12PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2004 3:45AM GMT
Lisa....sorry forgot to ask....noticed your email references carolina....are you from SC? If so what part
Thanks,
Derrell

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 1:19AM GMT
Lisa, what is the DOB for your Charles Spearman? I have a Charles born in 1885, and a Charles born in 1859. I have several other Spearman's as well. Maybe we can connect.

Lisa Spearman (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 3:44PM GMT
Yes, I live in SC...Williamston now, but grew up in the Powdersville community of Anderson County. My father was David Clyde, Jr., married to Sharon Burrell. My grandfather is Clyde, Sr., married to Mary, my greatfather was Charles, married to Rosa Bridges. Charles died in or around 1949, because my father was 12, and he was born in 1937.That is as far back as I can go, I do know that D. I. was a preacher also. He preached at Mtn. Springs Baptist in Piedmont and at Siloam Baptist in Powdersville. All we ever knew him referred by was D.I., the David was an obvious name but Isadore we discovered years later. I'm not even sure about the spelling of the middle name. Could we have the same person and maybe my facts are skewed? As far as I know D.I. died in Anderson County.
You're help is appreciated! Lisa Spearman

Norville Spearman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 3:29PM GMT
Lisa, I have a lot of info on D.I. Spearman and many others in our famiy in a book titled "The Desendents of John Spearman of Virginia". Are you familiar with it? It traces the family history from our parents generation all the way back to the 1600s. I will be glad to share it with you. Call me at (864) 653-5500. I look forward to hearing from you.
Cousin Norville
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.