Search for content in message boards

Hilburn/Vaughan/Simmons VA 1730s

Hilburn/Vaughan/Simmons VA 1730s

jeannie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 10:34AM GMT
These families are all found in Isle of Wight CO. in the early 1700's. Awill of John Vaughan names a Vaughan Hilburn and John Simmons in 1736. I know John Simmons Jr. is married to Rebecca Vaughan daughter of this John Vaughan. The Vaughans show up on deeds in Surry and Isle of WightCo.'s. Vaughan Helburn/Hilburn in patents for Isle of Wight. Anyone with knowledge of these familes plase email me jeannie - jkl4325@aol.com

Re: Hilburn/Vaughan/Simmons VA 1730s

Posted: 7 Feb 2004 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hilburn /Vaughn 1730-1921
Is the same Vaughn Hilburn that went to Brunswick Co. NC.--sons Luke, James, Vaughn ,Frederick and Henry m. Nancy Sikes to 1830 to Dale Co. Ala.to Coffee Co.1840 and Covington 1850,they had daus.Irena, Nancy ,Rebecca m. Mills and Smith--some connection to a Vaughn H. b. 1843 Coffee Co.,Ala.trying for loose ends.looking for parents of Vaughn H. Hilburnd. 1921 Pike Co.,Ala.back at lilliebloom22@bellsouth.net

Re: Hilburn/Vaughan/Simmons VA 1730s

Jeannie Hilburn (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2004 1:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
That is a good question. As far as I know so far, no one has been able to prove where Vaughan Hilburn of 1730 Isle of Wight VA went. There are several more entries around that time in VA (see Hilburn Geneology Forum). Then a jump to NC of a John Hilburn Edgecomb County 1754 working with a surveyor.All is listed on the forum. Good hunting!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.