Ontario.

von Horn

John Helmut Merz (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HORN
Without more detail, this is impossible to answer, and I
am replying only because I have Johannes Christian von Horn
listed in my book "The Hessians of Upper Canada" page 62-63.
He had large land grants around York and Markham.

Van Hornes of Kent County

M. Keith Abel (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: VAN HORNE, VOSBURGH, WILLISTON
It is a pity you did not put more detail in your message. I have a Van Horne family in my family tree in Kent Co. They are descendants of Dan Van Horne, who married Annie Irene Vosburgh 13 Mar 1882.
A son, Albert Ernest(1882-1981) married Maude Williston in Dec 1903; The next generation Earle (1904-1964) married Mary E Smith 31 Mar 1928.

I have not pursued the ancestors of Dan Van Horne because he is the spouse of a cousin: Annie Vosburgh is my wife's 2nd cousin 2 generations removed and by curious coincidence, Maude Williston is my 3rd cousin 3 generations removed.

Yours M.Keith Abel

VanHorn/McKenzie

Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: VanHorn, McKenzie
I have a GGGrandfather Edward Van Horn b: 1829 who married a Margaret McKenzie in 1854. She was born 1836. They were married in Perth, Ontario. He died Mar 19, 1901.
Are we looking for info on the same family? He had a very large family,( I believe 14 children) one son was named Cornelius who was born in 1856.Other children: Robert, Jonathan, Isabella, Barbara, Edward, Daniel, William, Jane, Margaret, Ben, Walter, James

Van Horn, Cornelius

Posted: 2 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2002 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: VAN HORN, GREELEY, ROBLIN, GILROY, LE BARR
I have CORNELIUS VAN HORN b. March 16 1806 and his descendants. My wife's mother was ALMEADA VAN HORN. They mostly were in and around Prince Edward County Ontario and later Manitoulin Island. A second CORNELIUS (aka NEIL)
married Mary GILROY . He was the 6th son of Luke VAN HORN
the son of the older Cornelius and Anna Greeley. Let me know if we have a link here and we can exchange data.

William W. Williston in Ontario

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2003 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: WILLISTON
Looking for info on William W. Williston and family, born 1852-1854, Louisville, Ontario. Father = John Williston, born Louisville. Mother=Martha Mason, born Louisville.
Would like to know siblings and grandparents.

Roblin/Van Horn/Greeley

Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Wessels, Curtis, Ireland, Spencer, Roblin
Hi,

I have Roblins, Greeley and Van Horns in my data as secondary families. Would be happy to share data with you.

Linda Herman
herman@erols.com

Re: VanHorn/McKenzie

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 1:36AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2005 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: VanHorn/MacKenzie
I see your message is over 2 years old, but perhaps you are still checking for responses. The Edward VanHorn you mentioned is my great grandfather. Do you have any infor further back than his father Cornelius? Also, from which line of Edward's children are you descended? My Grandfather was Cornelius James, the second son. Jack

Re: VanHorn/McKenzie

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 2:08PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 2:17PM GMT
Thanks for the message. I descend from William Edward, the 8th child. Yes I have more info, along with others, that we can share. Will e-mail you.
Pat

Re: "Mandy" VanHorn b. abt. 1830/1835 resided Bucks

Lorene Fort (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Cartmill, Fort, VanHorn
Our Anna CARTMILL was best friends with "Mandy" VanHORN during their teen years (1850/1854). "Mandy" was with Anna when she met her future husband, John FORT. The two girls were cooking and serving the men who worked in the quarry Mr. Thomas CARTMILL was managing.

Do you have a "Mandy" (Amanda???) in your database who answers the description above?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.