Search for content in message boards

Dave Simmons

Dave Simmons

S. Cole (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1999 5:40AM GMT
Dave Simmons b. 1861-1870, in Coffee County, AL or possibly GA. Married to Nancy Mills, three children, John Henry Simmons, Alto Simmons, and Mae Bell Simmons. Nancy died (?) and Dave remarried a woman with last name of Dan. They had a son named Charlie Simmons born 1913 (?) and died 1986 in possibly Mobile, AL. If anyone has any information about these people, I would appreciate your help.

John Henry Simmons

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:12AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2003 5:54AM GMT
I have a Thomas Jefferson Simmons(b.1840) who had a son named John Henry.Thomas Jefferson was living in Talladaga County Alabama, with his sister, in 1850. His sister was Mary Simmons Brannon (married to Steven Brannon). They came to Texas in either 1850 or 1851. The census showed they lived two doors down from a Frances and Mahalia Simmons (they also had a young simmons boy living with them and showed him to be a brother). Does any of this information fit into yours? G.Webb

John Henry Simmons

Sharon Cole (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1999 5:38AM GMT
Gwen,
I'm still new to this, but I don't think any of my family ever went to Texas. They were in Coffee County, and Geneva Country, AL, then my line moved to FL.

Thank you for your help.

Sharon

SIMMONS, Thomas Jefferson J. H.

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 8:54PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2001 4:15AM GMT
We seem to have a lot of similarities in some areas. Here's my relative story: Andrew Jackson Simmons (b:1825)married Mahala(Mahalia) Hutchison. They settled around Hacoda, Geneva County, AL. Had 5 sons 5 daughters. My grgrandfather is: William Lewis (b: 1848). He had a brother: Thomas Jefferson Simmons. Also, had a sister named Mary, however, looks like my Mary married a Gilmore. Can't find a Frances (yet). Also have a document dated 1926 which names J. H. Simmons wife, Marie. Thought that could be for John Henry. If you think there might be a link, you can contact me at Genie9876@aol.com

Re: Dave Simmons - Alto Simmons

Posted: 12 Mar 2004 11:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simmons
Wondering if this Alto Simmons is the same person who later lived in Buna TX and had a son named Billy Joe and a daughter named Bronis?

Re: SIMMONS, Thomas Jefferson J. H.

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 8:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: simmons
my gr.grandfather is general, oldest broter of william lewis simmons
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.