Search for content in message boards

HINWOOD family of the Wylye Valley,Wiltshire

HINWOOD family of the Wylye Valley,Wiltshire

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 4:37AM GMT
Hi Listers,
I am researching the Hinwood family working backwards from my ggg grandfather John who was born in Deptford c.1789.

Re: HINWOOD family of the Wylye Valley,Wiltshire

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: HINWOOD, MEAD
Oops! Sorry. The message was posted before I had finished it. The posting should have gone on to say.....
There are lots of Hinwood family mentioned in villages like Codford,Steeple Langford,Stockton, Wylye. Also at Ramsbury and Dauntsey.
John Hinwood (snr) a blacksmith, married Ann MEAD.They had 3 children: John(jnr) b.1822, Ann and William.John jnr also trained as a blacksmith, emigrating to New South Wales in 1843 on the "Neptune" ex Plymouth.
I would appreciate any info or tips on how to track back further, from anyone out there.
Thanks.

Posted: 24 Aug 2003 4:26PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2010 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Patient , Mead, Hinwood
Hello Steve
I am descended from the Mead,s at Wylye and i woul,d like to know if the Ann who married Hinwood was the daughter of John & Jane Mead born at Chitterne 1798 ?
When I sawThe name Hinwood I remembered Ihad some notes on the name from a link with a Patient family of a John Hinwood Married an Elizabeth Patient at Fisherton Delamare 1646.John was the son of Hugh & Maud Hinwood of Deptford
I am also descended from the Patient,s who I have traced back to 1490.
I have some more imformation of 7 children of John Hinwood.

Posted: 1 Sep 2003 5:34AM GMT
Hello Doreen,
Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement.Life has been a little hectic recently and I'm getting married again in a few weeks, so genealogy has suffered a little of late. This appears to be my direct line.I am sorry that I dont have any details of the parents of Ann Mead b.1789,who married John Hinwood.I certainly would appreciate any details of the 7 children of the other John Hinwood m.1646 that you may have.
Cheers, Steve, Sydney, Australia.

Posted: 4 Feb 2010 5:05PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2010 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Patient
Hello Doreen,
Elizabeth Patient who you mention is my 8x great grand mother. I would love to have some more information about her ancestors if you were able to share some!!!

No harm in asking!

Neil neil@surfboat.co.uk
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.