Search for content in message boards

Woodruffs in Detroit from 1906 onwards

Woodruffs in Detroit from 1906 onwards

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Woodruff - originally Woodroffe
One branch of my family tree which originated in England has led me to Detroit, Michigan.

A woman named Tabitha Woodroffe (or Woodruff on her immigration papers) arrived in Detroit in 1907 with 4 children. Two older sons had arrived there in 1906. I can trace most of the family on the 1920 census and some to 1930. I know that her eldest son, Albert R 'Woodruff' had 4 children but not what family others might have had.

Are any descendants of Tabitha on this site? if so, please get in touch via Ancestry.

Fiona

Re: Woodruffs in Detroit from 1906 onwards

Posted: 2 Apr 2009 5:14AM GMT
My great grandmother was Grace Elizabeth WOODRUFF born 1879 I think, we are from Detroit. She married my Great grandfather Phillip Danual BEGOLE.

I do not know if they are related, But I do know that there were very few Woodruffs in Detroit.

Re: Woodruffs in Detroit from 1906 onwards

Posted: 2 Apr 2009 7:31AM GMT
Hello and thanks for replying.

I don't think Grace can be directly linked to me as she was born too early, but you are right that the name was not very common in the area. I am hoping that someone who is, or is descended from, a grandchild to Tabitha, so was born from about 1915 onwards, will get in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.