Search for content in message boards

Old Photo Postcard of Violet Wegner - Artist/Actress

Old Photo Postcard of Violet Wegner - Artist/Actress

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wegner
I recently purchased a bunch of old photos. One photo postcard shows a young woman and is labeled on the front "Violet Wegner". As I understand she was an artist/actress who lived from 1887-1960. The card is postmarked January 27, 1908.

Can anyone share any additional information on her? Is someone on this Board related to her?

Attached is a copy of the photo.
Attachments:

Re: Old Photo Postcard of Violet Wegner - Artist/Actress

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 1:59PM GMT
Violet Wegner (1887-1960) was a cousin of mine. Her parents were William Theodore and Arabella Eliza Darby. She had two sisters, Lillie and May, and three brothers, Wilhelm, Alexander and Oscar. She was a musical actress and in middle age she married Prince Peter of Zahumlie the son of the King of Montenegro. She died in Monte Carlo, where she lived, the royal family of Montenegro having been deposed.

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 5:25PM GMT
Very interesting! Thank you.
Randy

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 9:24PM GMT
Thanks for the interesting details. Can I assume Violet also had second name of Emily (i.e. Violet Emily)?

Thanks

Allan Raymond

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 6:13PM GMT
Yes she did. She had 2 sisters and five brothers, but I don't know any of their descendants.

Adrian Darby

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 6:23PM GMT
Thanks once again.

My query regarding Violet is purely from my interest in Royal genealogy and the fact she married Prince Peter of Montenegro. I just wanted to be sure I had the correct Violet Wegner before updating my Web Page on the Montenegro Royal Family.

My interest will not extend to her siblings.

Regards

Allan Raymond

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 4:28PM GMT
I would be very interested to hear from Mr Darby as my family too is related to Violet Wegner. My Great Grandmother was the sister of Violet's mother.

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 7:29PM GMT
According to my records Violet's mother Arabella Eliza nee Darby had only one full sister, Clara Darby, born 4 May 1860. Arabella's mother, Eliza, was married a second time after William Darby's death to Benjamin J Tappenden. They had a son, also Benjamin, but I don't think they had any daughters.
Was Clara your great grandmother?

Adrian Darby

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 7:05AM GMT

Thank you so much for getting back to me Adrian. No, my great grandmother was not Clara....and this is maybe where information from both our sides could help fill in the "gaps"...

My Great Grandmother was Mabel Tappenden. My mother has told me that she was the Aunt of Lily, May and Violet. I did not know of the three brothers that you mentioned in a previous post. My mother was aware that Mabel's father (presumably Benjamin J Tappenden from what you say) had been married twice and that although my Great Grandmother was Aunt to Lily, May and Violet, she was virtually the same age as them. It would be wonderful if we could fill one another in a bit more and I do have more information if you would be interested to do so. Thank you so much for the 'very much appreciated' information that you have been able to provide so far!

Alison Bariteau

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 11:20AM GMT
Dear Alison

Sadly we are not blood relations. Your ancestress Eliza Walton married twice. By her first husband William Darby (my great great uncle) she had three children, William, Arabella, the mother of Violet and her siblings,and Clara who was living with the Tappendens in the 1881 Census. By her second husband, Benjamin Tappenden, she had several children as shown in the 1881 Census. Your great grandmother Mabel was then nine months old.

Best wishes

Adrian
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.