Search for content in message boards

Myers family

Myers family

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Oct 2001 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Burgwin, Maitland, Pryor, Lovell, Lusher, Nickle, Auld, Myers, Singerly, Burns
I am looking for the descendants of Henry Myers 1761-1849 and Mary Stroble 1766- . Henry came to Richland Twp., Venango Co. in 1806 and started a flour mill near Alum Rock.

Henry's son George operated Myers Mill in Venango Co. 4 miles south of Van. Georges son Solomon operated it after his death.

I have this information from my grandmother, Effie Pryor Burgwin, but she has little information about their children, other than her grandmother's, Mary Ann Myers 1827-1885, descendants, which I have in detail.

I would like to connect with other Myers relatives, and learn about the other Myers families.

Myers Family

Posted: 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2005 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
Hi Charles,

Here is my line:

1. Henry and Mary Stroble Myers
2. John Myers and Mary Hahn
3. John Myers and Jane Williams
3. Richard Myers and Anna Kuester
4. Felix Myers and Agnes Sharrock

Myers Family

Posted: 4 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: MYERS, BUNNELL
The youngest son (of 13 children of Henry Myers and Mary Stroble) James Strobel Myers b. 9 Jun 1813 was a taylor and then became an attorney in Franklin, Venango Co. He married Emily Bunnell and had 9 children. There is a bio of James Stroble Myers on p. 179 of the 1890 Venango co. history. I am not a decendent, but related thru Emily Bunnell.
Helen

Another Henry Myers Line

Karen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Stroble, Thompson, Rote, Ziegler, Hogue
My line of descent:
Henry Myers and Mary Stroble
Lottie Myers and James Thompson
Lydia Thompson and Solomon Rote
Scott Rote and Amelia Ziegler
Ruby Rote and Charles Hogue

Solomon Myers

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 7:19PM GMT
Surnames: MYERS, HAYS, PETERS, KOCH, FRITZ
I am a descendant of Solomon Myers in Venango County. He is my g-grandfather.

Here is my descendancy. Have quite a bit of information on this family and am willing to share. (I even have Solomon's picture!!)

MYERS, Solomon Andrew (1834-1915)+ WEAVER, Catharine Jane (1835-1909)--my great-grandparents
MYERS, Vernon Judson (1866-1948) + KOCH, Mary "Ida" (1868-1922)--my grandparents
MYERS, Rosemary Verna (1907-1997) +HAYS, Harry Newell (1907-1985) -- my parents

Looking forward to 'talking' with you!

Re: Myers family

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 11:06PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2003 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: MAYA/MYERS ETC
I am related to the group you are seeking, hoever I am missing the link that tells me about my gt grandfather John Henry Mays. My grandmother was Sara Jane Mays born 1867 in Venango CO died 1 June 1943. She married William Albert Steltzer and they lived in Rimersburg, PA. My father sister Elizabeth Irene Steltzer applied for the DAR and I have in my possesion the will from Rutherford. I have in one letter regarding Thomas Washington Mays who was born in South caroline. American Legion Poat 220 in franklin was named after W.b. Mays. the Venanago Historical Society I am told by Franklin Libarby has these records. I still kept posying and no answers. so if you have any information contact through my e-mail Thank you. Kathryn

Posted: 28 Apr 2002 2:32PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2003 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Burgwin Myers Mays etc
I agree that you are a missing link. My family tree of course shows Thomas Washington Mays, but not John Henry Mays or his descendants. I am very interested in learning more. How do you connect to Thomas? Thank you for contacting me. Charles

Julie Gantz (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: Mays, Myers, Snyder, Milford
Add My name to this list. Thomas Washington Mays is my 3rd great grandfather ....I'm having a difficult time sorting all these Mays / Myers out. Would like to hear from anyone related.

Charles Burgwin (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Burgwin Burns Myers Pryor Nickle
I am happy to hear from another Mays/Myers descendant. While I am not a Mays descendant, but I remember my grandfather mention his great-aunt Ruth Burgwin Mays. However, I am a Myers descendant, and I can understand your confusion of the different Myers connections.

Julie Gantz (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Myers / Mays / Milford / Snyder
We have more in common than you think. Ruth Burgwin Mays (and sister Harriet) is (are) my 2nd great grand aunt.....perhaps we can get in touch via email?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.