Search for content in message boards

Thomas Critchfield BIRD,b.1825,OH. m. BELL > KS

Thomas Critchfield BIRD,b.1825,OH. m. BELL > KS

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 9:49AM GMT
Thomas Critchfield BIRD (son of Wm BIRD and Elizabeth (CRITCHFIELD) BIRD of VA and OH )Thomas born July 27 1825 Holmes Co OH, married Matilda BELL (born PA ) in Oct 1845,Holmes Co OH , They both died in Cowley Co KS, early 1900s. Two of their four children ( Sylvester and Emma Louise ) died in epidemic as young children .. seaking descendants of daughter Sara Ellen BIRD,born 1846,who married Humphrey ROBERTS about 1870...and son Edgar Milford BIRD, born 1853 .
Beth
Zelime@aol.com

Re: Thomas Critchfield BIRD,b.1825,OH. m. BELL > KS

JUDITH D MCNAMARA (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2004 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'M TRYING TO FIND INFO ON WILLIAM BIRD FATHER - NAMED THOMAS BIRD WHO WAS MARRIED TO SARAH BUTLER VA. I WANT TO KNOW IF THOMAS WAS IN THE REVOLUTIONAL WAR. SARAH"S FATHER WAS-THOMAS BUTLER- CAN YOU HELP ME

Re: Thomas BIRD and Wm. BIRD

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2004 9:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
As far as I know, Judith , Thomas Butler BIRD ( born abt 1765, Fredericks Co VA ) had a brother George BIRD (born abt. 1770 and died after 1836) I am not sure of their father's name . Thomas BUTLER BIRD married Sarah " Sally" BUTLER (born abt 1769 Fredericks Co. VA ) (and she died after 1825 in Holmes Co. Ohio ) It seems possible their was an earlier family /or good friend "connection" between the BIRDS and BUTLERS ( thus Thomas BIRD was given the middle name Butler )
Thomas and Sarah BIRD had 10 children, their son William BIRD (born July 3, 1791) married Elizabeth CRITCHFIELD 1816 in Coshocton Co Ohio.
Sarah BUTLER had a brother named Joseph BUTLER ... their father was Thomas Jr BUTLER born May 16,1747 in VA . Thomas Jr. BUTLER married Rebecca DAUGHERTY.

I don't think Thomas BIRD would have been old enough to fight in the Rev War ...But I will try to gain a little more info on this . ( Perhaps I have an error in his birth date )
What is your connection to Wm and Thomas BIRD ?
Beth
zelime@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.