Search for content in message boards

Wells, Somerset

Wells, Somerset

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2011 5:55AM GMT
Does anyone know if cemetries in this area are accessable online trying to find where my gggg grandfather is buried.
I know he died in Lapool lane St Cuthbert on wells
thanks

Re: Wells, Somerset

Posted: 2 Aug 2011 7:36PM GMT
Are you sure its Larpool Lane St Cuthberts on wells,as this is in Manchester

There is no Larpool/Lapool Lane in Wells Somerset, but there is St Cuthberts,

I know your query is a few months old , have you been able to confirm the buriel data, I have family in Wells

Regards Sue

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 8:03AM GMT
Thanks for reply. I have had another look at his death cert it is deftnitly Lapool lane, St Cuthbert in and out, Wells Somerset. Jacob died in 1861 so maybe the lane no longer exists his previous address was 16 Priest row which I have found on google street view but I can find no record of lapool lane on there.

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 12:56PM GMT
I know where Priest Row is, I will ask my Mum next time I call her if she is aware of the road in past times, If I find anything out I will be i touch.

With Regards
Sue

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 12:59PM GMT
Me again, Can I have your ggg Grandfather details name etc and I'll see if I can find out anything you

Regards Sue

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 2:55PM GMT
St Cuthbert Out
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

St Cuthbert Out, sometimes Wells St Cuthbert Out is a civil parish in the Mendip district of Somerset, England. It entirely surrounds (but does not include) the city and parish of Wells. The parish is crossed by the Monarch's Way long distance footpath.
The parish is named for the Church of St Cuthbert, Wells. It was created in 1866 when the parish of Wells St Cuthbert was split into two, with the Wells St Cuthbert In parish covering the area inside the city of Wells.
Population centres in the parish are Dinder, Wookey Hole and East, West and South Horrington. It also includes the smaller villages or hamlets of Burcott, Coxley, Dulcote, Easton, Lower Milton, Polsham, Southway, Upper Milton and Worminster. Wookey itself is a separate parish.

I’m not sure whether this helps ,the spliting in two could be why its harder to locate any details, as its after his death, But please still send his details
Regards
Sue

Posted: 4 Aug 2011 2:24AM GMT
Thanks so much for the information every piece helps to put together a picture of what life may have been like for my ancestors.
Jacob Larcombe (Larcomb) b abt 1796 Wells ,somerset
D 10 feb 1861, lapool Lane
Married (unsure of when) Sarah Fry B 1805 Coxley,Wells
D 27 nov 1885 16 Priest row, Wells
They had 7 children that i am aware of the first born in 1828
Jacob dissapears on the 1851 census I do suspect that he took off as sarah contines to live at priest row and their daughter Ann goes to live with Jacobs brother John. Jacob is where I am stuck in my tree so dont have a lot of information to go on. He was an agricultral labourer then later a wagoneer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.