Search for content in message boards

** WELCOME **

** WELCOME **

Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2003 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: GADDIS, GEDDIS, GADDES, GEDDES
Welcome to the Rootsweb GADDIS Query Message Board! This message board is for posting queries regarding the GADDIS surname and any of it's variations (GEDDIS/GADDES/GEDDES, etc.)

When posting a message, include the name, location and date/time period in your query. Please remember to put ALL surnames in ALL CAPS. This will assist readers of your post in spotting similarities.

Also, please feel free to join our GADDIS Surname Mailing List. For details on how to subscribe to the GADDIS list and many others, visit http://www.rootsweb.com/~maillist/surnames/index.html. Hope to see you there!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to e-mail me at: wgaddis@mediaone.net

Good luck in your searches.

Patty Gaddis
list manager - GADDIS List
administrator - GADDIS Query Board

GETTIS/ELLIS

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 11:16AM GMT
Surnames: GETTIS, ELLIS
Am searching for my ancestor, William Gettis, b. 1770, Co. Tyrone. Left Ireland around 1790-91 for America, settled in Maryland. First son named Ira ELLIS Gettis, so I believe ELLIS name fits in somewhere. Died 1858 in Iowa.

GETTIS/ELLIS/CROUCH surname

Dick (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GETTIS, CROUCH, ELLIS
Hi,
Am trying to locate info on my ggggf William GETTIS, b. Co. Tyrone, 1770. Emigrated to America in 1790/1791 and settled in Maryland for a short time, Married a Sarah CROUCH. Died in Iowa in 1858. First son named Ira ELLIS Gettis, so believe the ELLIS name fits in somewhere.

Re: ** WELCOME **

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 4:45PM GMT
I am brand new to this board and to genealogy searching. I am having no luck getting a foothold on searching my mother's family. Her father is Roscoe Gaddis of Kentucky and her mother was Stella (Lee) Gaddis. My grandmother died in the 80's but my grandfather is still living. Does anyone have a place where I can get a start on tracking back the Gaddis or Lee branches of my family tree? Please email me as I may never find my way back here... LOL. I'm not very good with message boards.

Connie
CTurner04@aol.com

Patty Gaddis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 9:52PM GMT
Hi Connie,

Do you happen to know if your Roscoe Gaddis is the Roscoe Vernon Gaddis of "The Flying Fisherman" fame? Somewhere around here I've got a small family tree on him, but will need to look for it.

Do you have any dates for these people? The first place I would start would be asking your grandfather as many questions as possible. Who were his brothers and sisters, parents, grandparents, etc. Where did they live. What family stories does he remember. Or, just get him talking about the old days. It is amazing how many things they say they don't know the answer to come out when they start reminiscing about their childhood. If you would like, I have a questionnaire for just that purpose.

Just let me know.
Patty

Re: GETTIS/ELLIS/CROUCH surname

Posted: 20 Jul 2005 10:34PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: crouch
i dont know if this would be any help but my 4th great grandad who was john crouch (im 17 by the way) had a sister called sarah and the name ellis has apeared in my family ever since. so i wonder if that name came from ur family or not

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 6:34AM GMT
Hi i'm Rebecca GADDES, in Australia, my great great great grandfarther was the first GADDES in Australia and was from Newcastle (oringinaly from the Carlisle, gretna Green, and Longtown areas moved to Newcastle as a boy)England. Just wondering as i have been searching hav noticed that there is alot of GADDES' and other variations in America, just wondering when they went there.
Also wondering the origin of GADDES, I can only find records that say it comes from again around the Carlisle area then others say far North in Scotland, if anyone has any info on that please tell me!!!!!!!!
Thank You

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 6:36AM GMT
Also anyone with the GADDES coat of arms i've found four or five different variations.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.