Search for content in message boards

Apples and Elias Lutheran Church

Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2002 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: Barth
The records of Elias Lutheran Church do not exist, except for some gravestones in their cemetery.
The records of Apples Church begin in l770. This was a Union Church, there are approx l0 entries for Frederick and Magdalena Bart or Barth but the earliest is a sponsorship of baptism in l784.

Volume l8 of Maryland Archives is rosters of Revolutinary War militia and war communications. It has no family lineages.

The only other early church in the Emmitsburg/Mechanicstown area would have been the Monocacy Church whose records begin l743. The MoraVians baptized people outside their faith, records begin l755, no Barths/Barts appear.

Apples and Elias Lutheran Church

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BARTH, BEARD, WEIGLE
Where would I look for records from Apples Church in Thurmont, Frederick County, Maryland and from Elias Lutheran Church in Emmitsburg?

From Apples Church I am looking for, "Maryland Archive Volume 18", pages 45, 406, 653 which is a Memorandum of Descendent of my 5th great grandfather, Frederick Beard (also shown as Friedrich Barth)? Is this something that can be found at the Federal Archives?

From Elias Lutheran Church, I am looking for a baptism record for Friedrich Barth who was baptized on September 30, 1758. From what I understand Frederick was from the family of the first seven settlers of Emmitsburg.

I am also searching for a book called, "The Lilac Bush", but my local library does not have access to it or any of the other books I have tried to obtain.

What I am trying to find is any documentation on the parents of Frederick Beard, born September 09, 1758 in Mechanicsville, Frederick County. He was married to Maria Magdalena Weigle. I have seen information that Frederick's parents are John Beard and Chloe, but I would like to see any documentation on that if possible or find out where I can look.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Re: Apples and Elias Lutheran Church

Posted: 3 Jun 2003 6:47PM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2003 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: beard
Can't help you there. I also have Frederick Beard in my
tree. his daughter married James Izer, whose daughter was
my grandmother. If there is any way I could help, would be glad too.

Linda

Re: Barth and Monocacy Church

Coleen Perdue (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2004 4:13PM GMT
Anne, are there any Hertzog/Hartsocks in the Monocacy church records? Peter and Margaret (and probably Peter's brother Henry) were in Frederick Co. Md in 1748. They lived on Monocacy Manor lot #65. Their older children were baptized in NJ. Their younger children were baptized at Glade Reformed, Walkersville. As adults their children attended Rocky Hill, Woodsborro. There was a son born about 1747 and I can't find his baptism. They may have squatted on land near Monocacy Church before renting on Monocacy Manor.

Re: Apples and Elias Lutheran Church and Barth

Coleen Perdue (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2004 4:22PM GMT
Are you interested in an Eva Catharine Barth that attended Frederick Reformed Church circa 1779? Her parents were Peter and Maria Catharina Bard.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.