Search for content in message boards

Cardinal McCloskey

Cardinal McCloskey

Debra (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2006 5:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone familiar with Cardinal McCloskey School & Home for Children? Located in White Plains New York

Re: Cardinal McCloskey

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 3:25AM GMT
There is one paragraph of text for Cardinal McCloskey School & Home for Children, split between pages 275 and 276 of the out-of-print book titled, "Adoption Agencies, Orphanages and Maternity Homes--An Historical Directory." The WorldCat data base lists 147 libraries in the U.S. that have copies of the Directory.

Reg Niles

Debra (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 3:26PM GMT
Can you send me the sight so I could check my local libraries

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 10:46AM GMT
The WorldCat data base, as far as I know, is accessible by librarians only, so you should contact one at your local library.

Sometimes when I am seeking a book title using Google.com, I land on a WorldCat page, but I do not think I could get on anytime I want.

R.N.

Charles (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2006 2:18PM GMT
I grew up nearby and went to public school with many of the orphans in the 1970s. I am looking for old photos of the place.

Debra (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2006 11:05PM GMT
I just wanted to let you know about an upcoming event where we are hoping to have several "alumni" from the old McCloskey Home. A few of the nuns will be there as well as several children (now ADULTS!) who were at the home and/or later in the foster care program with us. We are also doing outreach to try to find some of the old volunteers.

We are holding a "Walk-a-thon" around the old McCloskey neighborhood -- the old "trick or treat route" in White Plains on Saturday, October 28, 2006.

Perhaps you would like to join us?!

If you email me with your address, I will be happy to send you some information.
I look forward to hearing from you!!

Kari

Kari Miller Willis
Director of Development & Community Relations
Cardinal McCloskey Services
2 Holland Avenue
White Plains, NY 10603

(914) 997-8000, ext. 114
(914) 997-2166 Fax

Visit us on line at: www.CardinalMcCloskeyServices.org

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: cardinal mcCloskey
hi,i lived at little flower house of providence and also was in cardinal mcCloskey's too.i was in so many,but never forgot the surrounding's.i did meet one man from the cardinal's we talked and talked.my last orphanage was saint vincent's in brooklyn new york. my name is raymond parker.

302-994-3696

Posted: 5 May 2009 6:52PM GMT
Debra. For Information contact - Cardinal McClosky Services at 2 Holland Avenue, White Plains, NY. Tel #914-997-8000. Frank.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 10:45PM GMT
yes 1958 to 1962

Posted: 25 Oct 2014 7:55PM GMT
Is anyone aware of how to get in touch with anyone there regarding old records?? My mom was there from 1968-1970 & then placed in a foster home for 5 years. These foster parents were an amazing family & were the closest thing to a real functioning family my mother ever experienced. I would love to reconnect her with them again if only I had a way to contact them. I have phoned & emailed Mc Closkey twice with no response. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.