Search for content in message boards

Knapp Brenner and Williams family

Knapp Brenner and Williams family

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knapp Brenner Williams
My Grandfather was born out of wed lock. His mother Mary Brenner gave him the name John Frank after his father and he took the name Knapp from him as well. Would like to know more about his father and his mother's family. He had an uncle named Nick that never married (believe his last name may have been Brenner). He had a half sister named Gladys who married a Williams they had a son named Floyd and a daughter (not sure of her name). Mary Brenner also had a sister named Martha. My Grandfather was treated badly, made to work hard on relatives farms and wasn't allowed to sleep in the house. After his Uncle Nick died, he didn't visit too much later. John Frank Knapp, Sr. was a band leader or something. This all happend in the late 1800's. Thank you for any help.

Re: Knapp Brenner and Williams family

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2006 8:17AM GMT
What is his half sister gladys's maiden name? I can do some checking into the Williams she married that may help you a bit. My Williams's are from Posey Co, perhaps they are related to your Williams family.

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2004 7:23PM GMT
Unfortunately, I do not know her maiden name. Mom can't remember who Grampa's mother married. Again, this wasn't a close knit family. You can see my trouble with the lack of names. About the only other thing I can tell you is that Gladys may have been born in about 1901. I do have a couple of family photos too.

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2004 8:00PM GMT
Well, my mom was searching through her Bibles and came across Gladys' maiden name. It looks like it was Wellmeyer or a similar spelling. Hope you are still out there! Thanks!

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 8:08PM GMT
I tried the Indiana Marriage search engine and couldn't find her. Maybe they married elsewhere? here is the URL to the search http://199.8.200.90:591 it only goes to 1850 but they have one I am going to check on Ancestry yet and I'll let you know either way.
Kristen

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 8:15PM GMT
Jennifer,
It looks like there are a lot of Wellmeyer families in Vanderburgh Co. I did not however find Gladys. I thought I would let you know about the Vanderburgh Co thing because she may have come from there.
Kristen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.