Search for content in message boards

Soldier in War of 1812

Soldier in War of 1812

Harold (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Many of Them
Cpt Wiley Huddelston had a company in the War of 1812 made up of soldiers from what was later to become Pickett Co. TN. I have located that list and you can order a copy for $5.00 it will take you up to 6 weeks to get it via mail. If anyone wants to go to Nashville and get it you can have it much sooner. Since this was in Overton Co. in 1812-1814 time period there may be people from Overton Co. on it as well. But according to my source "History of Overton County" by Robert L. & Mary Eldridge the men in this company were from the northern part of Overton Co. that part that became Pickett and Fentress Co. No I do not have a copy of the list. One can only order one thing each 6 weeks and right now I am in the precluded zone. Send me an email and give me your email address if you want this information.

War of 1812 list information

Betty Burr (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mullins, Flowers, Kearney, Grigg, Wilkens, Harris, Taylor
I would be very much interested in getting a copy of this list. Thank you for offering this information. Betty

War of 1812 Data

Harold (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Muster, Rolls
The muster rolls for Cpt Huddelston's Company and for Cpt Kennedsy's company were posted on the Overton Co. Genweb site.

Pryor, Kearney, Garrett, Swain, Mullins, Flowers

Rebecca Swain (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pryor, Kearney, Garrett, Swain, Mullins, Flower
My mother-in-law is Reba Mae Pryor Swain. She was born to George and Laura Kearney Pryor in Byrdstown, Tennesee. Have had access to the Pickett County History book. Would like to hear from those who are connected. Would like to share information. Would be interested in attending family reunions, meeting existing family members, and getting to know as many as possible. Please contact. Thanks.

Re: Pryor, Kearney, Garrett, Swain, Mullins, Flowers

Posted: 29 Sep 2001 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 2:28PM GMT
Rebecca, my grandmother was Elizabeth Garrett who married Charlie Mullins in Byrdstown, TN. All we know is Charlie died around 1908,09 and my grandmother moved to OK with her mother and grandparents. Does the Pickett County History Book show ANYTHING on these two people? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is lynncb@tecinfo.com. My mother really wants more info on her mother's side of the family. Thanks. Lynn

Posted: 11 Jan 2003 1:32AM GMT
My g-grandfather was mounce Pryor from TN - married Mary Polly Loftice. There is a Pryor reunion every year at Boss, Mo over Labor Day. Pat Ferguson patferg@teleport.com

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Pryor, Kearney
My name is Debbie Pryor and my husband Jerry (Jerold) is one of George Pryor and Laura Kearney's grandsons.His father was James, Reba's brother. I have just recently started researching his family and am having a very hard time finding anything about George and Laura's parents or siblings. If you have any information that might help in my search, I would love to hear from you. I don't have a lot of other information but will be glad to share if you don't already have it. Thanks

Posted: 1 Jul 2007 1:54PM GMT
George's parents were William H.b Feb 1833 & d ca1870 & Ruth (Dial) Pryor b 8-13-1833 & d Aug 20, 1905. Ihave no info on Laura'a Parents.

William father was also a William & his mother was Elizabeth(Spiecy)Taylor.

Re: Soldier in War of 1812

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 7:24PM GMT
I would be interested in the article, as I am trying to trace my Cope lineage, that came from Byrdstown, Tennessee. Please contact me at skc1547@yahoo. for any reimbursement costs you may have.

Thanking you in advance
Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.