Search for content in message boards

COBLE

COBLE

Jay Gentry (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
HENRY COBLE MEMORIAL

To all descendants of HENRY COBLE, born 1763, died 1860 and is buried in Sinking
Creek Cemetery, near Everton, Dade County Missouri.

Whereas, HENRY COBLE is the patriarch of most of the Coble families of Taney County,
coming to Missouri in about 1840, and
Whereas, was quite prolific, rearing 7 sons with families extending to all parts of the
nation, and
Whereas, having died in 1860, immediately preceding the Civil War, funds being hard
to come by, and for various reasons, unknown to any of us of the present day, there is no
headstone for our Grandfather of varying degrees.
Now be it resolved that the descendants HENRY COBLE all join together, pool our
funds and set a tombstone to honor our common ancestor................

Janice Gentry Smith and myself (Jay Gentry), have committed ourselves in an attempt
to secure pledges from the descendants of Henry Coble, for funds to set this monument.
We are talking about an amount of approximately $1500 to $2000 for the stone. With the
thousands of descendants of Henry Coble, this should not be an excessive burden for any of
us, if we all join together in this endeavor. Janice and I have both pledged $100 each to
start the fund. This is NOT a suggested amount...any amount...$5, $10, $20, $50...will be
deeply appreciated. If for any reason, you should change your mind, your pledge is non
binding, We would like to have as many involved in this as possible.
If you feel as we do, that our “Grandfather’s” grave should be marked, send us a
pledge...repeat...pledge only, at this time. If the necessary funds can be raised through these
pledges, we will attend to the details of securing and setting of the monument. At that time
the pledges will be called and the commemoration details will be announced, with an
advance announcement in time for each of you to attend if you so desire. A dedication
ceremony can be planned with everyone invited and your participation welcomed. If, for
any reason, you are not able to attend, a photograph of the memorial can be provided.
We are NOT asking for any contributions at this time...just a pledge. If we can raise the
necessary funds, the monument will be set. Otherwise, our “Grandfather” will remain in
an unmarked grave, known only to few researchers.

Janice Gentry Smith, HC 65 Dogwood Ln, Houston AL 35572 >misty49@juno.com<

Jay Gentry, 1004 N Fredrick, Mtn Grove MO 65711 >gentree@windo.missouri.com<

P.S. Make copies of this letter and send to other “cousins”. It will be deeply appreciated.

Coble family member?

Linda Jennings (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coble
My great grandfather was one Miller Coble, birthdate November 24, 1879, born in Sedelia, do you have anything in your records on Henry's son's in Taney County showing a son by this name? Thank you

COBLE

Jay Gentry (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
According to my records, gleaned from several sources, I have a Miller COBLE b.27 Nov 1879. He is the s/o Daniel Pendleton and Martha (Miller) COBLE...s/o William and Elizabeth COBLE...s/o Daniel and Nancy (Collins) COBLE...s/o Old Henry COBLE who is buried in Sinking Creek Cemetery near Everton in Dade Co MO.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.