WILLIAM WILSON/NANCY D GREEN

WILLIAM WILSON/NANCY D GREEN

PEGGY PAYNE (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 8:13AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON THE NC
WILSON FAMILY. WILLIAM WILSON DIED IN 1817,
IN NC. HIS WIFE WAS NANCY D GREEN. I AM NOT
SURE BUT I BELIEVE THEY HAD SEVERAL CHILDREN
BUT ONE NAMED JAMES WHO MARRIED NANCY HANEY.
JUST TRYING TO PIECE IT ALL TOGETHER. THANKS

Wilson/Green family

Joy M. Gittins (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 9:00PM GMT
I believe we are related through William Wilson and Nancy Green from NC. However, we have James as married to Eleanor Shelfer instead of Nancy Haney. Would like to correspond with you.

Wilsons of NC

Peggy P. (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 6:40AM GMT
I have a William Wilson who is married to a Sarah Green.I believe he died in 1878 and she moved to SC and she died in 1911. I also have a Robert Wilson married to Sallie Harrell. I think his father might have been James and James' father I believe was William Wilson and mother were Nancy Green. They lived in Rutherfordton county at one time.

Wilson in NC

Joy M. Gittins (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 8:50AM GMT
The following is my husband's pedigree.
Odell Gittins; parents: Thomas Henry Gittins and Kattie Louise Stone; gr parents:
James William Gittins and Mary Elizabeth Craghead; gt grparents: Thomas Ladway Craghead and Harriet Wilson. 2nd gt gr: Elijah Wilson and Martha Kelley. 3rd gt gr: James Wilson and Eleanor Shelfer. 4th gt gr: (we believe)William Wilson and Nancy Green.
Elijah and Martha children: Mary Catherine, Eleanor, Sarah, Melvina, Sylvester, Thomas, Elijah Nicholas, Francis Marion, Mary Jane, Martha Jane, Jeanette, Harriet, Elias, Hyrum?, James Henry. James and Eleanor's children: Nancy, Elijah, Levin, Elizabeth, Ella, Thomas Green, Sarah. William and Nancy's children (so far) Nancy and James.
Would appreciate corresponding. Thanks for your information. I was not able to see any connect to our line. Do we have the same line?

Wilson

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 9:28AM GMT
My William died in Rutherfordton NC. I have his
will, it list several children. It does list Nancy and James.
I maybe some what confused on this line. My email address is mandc@cytechcis.net please email me
Posted: 15 May 2006 1:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I saw that you have a Thomas Green that was a son of James. My ggg grandfather was also a Thomas Green Wilson (1833-1868 ).
I do know that Thomas married Susan Roberts Swindle January 30, 1859. October of that same year my ggrandfather, Cason Caswell Wilson, is born. In an 1860 census I found Thomas and Susie with Cason in Coffee County, TN. That is the only census I have found with Thomas’s name. Susie was from White County, Tennessee. Eventually my family settled in Cumberland County, Tennessee.
In a 1920 census, Cason listed his father’s birthplace as North Carolina. In 1930 I think a census taker got lazy and listed Cason’s father’s birthplace as Tennessee. That is all I have on my Thomas Green Wilson. Can you help me?
I appreciate your time, and any information you can give.

Sincerely,
Bob Wilson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.