Search for content in message boards

LANCASHIRE RUSHTONS

LANCASHIRE RUSHTONS

MARK DAVID RUSHTON (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: rushton
My father is DEREK BROUGHTON RUSHTON born 17/11/1925. In Dean in Bolton.
Grandfather JAMES JOHN RUSHTON.

Re: LANCASHIRE RUSHTONS

Posted: 1 Jun 2003 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: Rushton
I have just discovered my great-great-great grandfather was a Jonathan Rushton, born in Worsley, Lancashire in 1804, are you connected to him?

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2003 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: RUSHTON, CHIPPINDALE, CHIPPINDALL
My husband's 4ggrandfather was Thomas Rushton who was transported to Australia in 1803 on the "Calcutta".

He was a brewer by trade and had a brewery on Dale Street, Liverpool in the late 1780's until 1796.

By the early 1820's he was wealthy brewer in Sydney, Australia

He had three daughters, Henrietta, Mary Ann and Amelia. He also had a son Charles. Henrietta married a William Chippendale (Chippindall, Chippindale) and came to Australia on the "Hebe" in 1815.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any information about any these relatives.

Julie

stan Rushton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2003 3:50PM GMT
I have quite a large family tree regarding Rushtons from Liverpool Do you have any more details

Julie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 7:15AM GMT
Surnames: RUSHTON
Stan, We have quite a bit of information about Thomas since her arrived in Australia but we are having a lot of difficulty tracing him back in Liverpool. We have a copies of some letters that he wrote to his solicitor in Liverpool in early 1820, so we know he was there. There is quite a bit about him in the book written about the Calcutta's voyage to Australia.

stan rushton (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 7:31AM GMT
Many thanks how do I find information on that ship?

I will see if it links into my family tree and send you the results
Many Thanks
Stan Rushton

Chippindall, Julie (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: RUSHTON
HI Stan,
The book is called "Convicts Unbound" by Marjorie Tipping. We know Thomas was tried at Chester for fogery, but we have letters from Australia to Liverpool to his solicitor so we know he was a business man in Liverpool prior to his sentence. I have the following information from the "Gazetteer of Liverpool Breweries" by John Barge. Thomas RUSHTON, 28 Dale Street 1777-1794; 27 Dale Street 1796; 1 Batchelor Street (Brewery) 1783-1796 I do hope we can find some connection. The book Convicts Unbound is not to be taken as gospel - some errors have been found by many people.

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2004 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: LANCASHIRE RUSHTONS connected to Fish Family Prestolee,Outwood.
CAN YOU HELP! I am looking for connections to JOHN RUSHTON who died 16.1.1868 and who is buried in a family Grave at St.Saviour's Ringley. down the brow from Farnworth,Nr. Bolton. Past Prestolee. buried in the same grave were Margaret Walsh 1.12.1897. John William Fish 15.2.1871.
Ralph Fish Mr Great Grandfather 1837- 31.Oct.1896. Arthur Fish 5.6.1893 aged 0.

My Great Grandfather Ralph Fish married the daughter of John Rushton,her name was Betty Rushton born 1836.
Their children were Mary 1860.William 1862-1867. John 1864-1866. John William no date.
Thomas 1869-1928. Ralph my Grandfather 1871 and George 1873. Betty Rushton died 1887.

Can anyone help me re Rushton's?

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: RUSHTON LOMAX
My g.father James Rushton and his brother Walter were born in Farnworth, Bolton, Lancashire, England in the 1880s. There were a number of other siblings including Mary (Molly) who emigrated to Michigan and Margaret (Madge) who emigrated to Canada. Their parents were William Thomas Rushton and Margaret Lomax. Any information links would be a big help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.