Search for content in message boards

William G.B. Garrett/Alice M. Moody/NC

William G.B. Garrett/Alice M. Moody/NC

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 7:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2002 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Garrett, Moody, Davis
Is anyone looking for William G.B.Garrett who married Alice May Moody? They resided in Haywood County, North Carolina. Apparently, Alice was William's second wife. The 1900 census for Haywood County, Ivy Hill Township, North Carolina lists: Garrett, William G.B.- head, born April 1820, age 80, married 12 years; Garrett, Alice M.- wife, born June 1870, age 29, married 12 years; Garrett, Noble W.- son, born Sept. 1888, age 11; Garrett, Maggie S.- daughter, born June 1891 age 8 (the census date was June 23, so she must have been born after the 23rd and would be turning 9 soon); Garrett, Eva A.- daughter, born Feb. 1892, age 8; Garrett, James B.- son, born Nov. 1893, age 6; Garrett, Annie D.- daughter, born May 1896, age 4; and Garrett, Mary C.- daughter, born October 1899 (?), age 2.

Alice Moody Garrett was my great great great Aunt (I think) on my mother's side of the family. (Her sister, Artie Moody Davis Cagle, was my great great grandmother).

Redden Garrett/AR

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 2:41AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2002 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Garrett
Dawn
I don't anything about WGB Garrett, but my ggrandfather was William Benjamin Franklin Garrett from Arkansas. His father was Redden R. Garrett, I think he came from North Carolina to Arkansas, but not sure. Have you run across Redden in your search for Garretts?
Paula

Re: Redden Garrett/AR

Posted: 7 Jul 2002 9:02PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2004 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: Garrett, Berry
Paula-

Sorry, but I haven't come across Redden Garrett. I am only interested in William Greene Berry Garrett because he married the sister of my great great grandmother. Sorry I can't be of help to you.

Re: William G.B. Garrett/Alice M. Moody/NC

Jane McHan (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2005 1:12PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2005 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: garrett, moody
I just read your message and would like to learn more about the Garrett family. Greeneberry Garrett and Sarah, were the grandparents of my grandmother, Elizabeth Liner Moody. I can trace the Garretts only to GB's father, William. Do you know the location of the Garrett cemetary in Haywood County? I should be grateful for any information. JMc

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 7:03AM GMT
how about molly moody and homer sutton her son

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 5:28AM GMT
WM G B GARRETT AND ALICE MOODY WERE MY GREAT-GRAND PARENTS..MY GRANDFATHER WAS JAMES B. GARRETT.THEIR SON ..ALICE WAS A SECOND WIFE.. GREENBERRY IS BURIED BY HIS FIRST WIFE IN GARRETT FAMILY CEM ON JONATHAN CREEK AREA OF NC AND I THINK ALICE IS BURIED AT MAPLE GROVE CHURCH CEM IN THE AREA.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY FAMILY TOO, IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SHARE..DO YOU LIVE IN NC ,,I DO, ...PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOUI DO NOT KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE MOODY SIDE ,ALICE DIED IN 1948...BUT MY MOM REMEMBERS HER,,I BELIEVE HER TO BE A STRONG WILL, OUT SPOKEN WOMAN, I DO HAVE HER PICTURE..W GREENBERRY OWNED LAND BUT MUST HAVE LOST IT AFTER THE CIVIL WAR BUT WAS A GREAT PART IN HISTORY IN HAYWOOD CO. NC,,HE HELP MET WITH THOSE THAT WERE MAKING RULES AND DEVIDING LAND FOR STATE BOUNDRIES,, BUT I HAVE SOME ON THE GARRETT SIDE.. .. AG
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.