Search for content in message boards

EARLY NETTLETON FAMILIES OF EASTERN ONTARIO

EARLY NETTLETON FAMILIES OF EASTERN ONTARIO

Posted: 13 Jun 2006 1:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NETTLETON, BISSELL, TROOP, McGUIRE, STITT, MACK, ETC.
Hi:

I've been gathering info on the early Nettleton's who settled in Augusta, Montague, Edwardsburg, and so on for sometime now. Now I'm starting to put together the tree. If anyone can help me with children of Daniel & Amos Nettleton, that would be great. I have the early tax assessment records which give me an idea of who was in the family but now I would like to match names as close to dates as I can.
Please contact me at tfenton@rogers.com

Re: EARLY NETTLETON FAMILIES OF EASTERN ONTARIO

Darlene Bigham (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2006 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Bigham, Nettleton
Hi,
Daniel Nettleton had a son named Barnabus Nettleton who married Phoebe Stafford. Phoebe was the daughter of Samuel Stafford one of the first settlers in Montague. Barnabus & Phoebe Nettleton had many children including a daughter named Mary Nettleton in about 1806. She married James Bigham in the mid 1820's and had 7 children together. James Bigham & Mary Nettleton are my great great grandparents. Most of their children left Ontario in the late 1800's and either moved to the States or came West. James Bigham passed away in 1840 when Mary was in her mid 30's and had 7 children under the age of 16. She remarried to William Wilton and had 4 additional children with him. Mary eventually left Ontario and moved to Portland Oregon where she passed away on June 24, 1897.

There is an excellent book called Montague, which was written about 10 to 15 years ago about the early history of Montague. It is available at the city hall in Montague.

Re: EARLY NETTLETON FAMILIES OF EASTERN ONTARIO

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 11:10AM GMT
WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON A NETTLETON DAUGHTER WHO MARRIED INTO THE BARTON LINE, THEY HAD DAUGHTER PHOEBE BORN 1832 IN GRENVILLE COUNTY, THANKS, KERI
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.