Search for content in message boards

Joseph Garrett

Joseph Garrett

Charlotte Garrett Wynne (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 5:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2002 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Garrett
I am searching for the parents of Joesph Garrett. His father went to help "fight" the Indians at Fort Mims and was never heard from again. His mother was scalped several years later. I have info on Joesph's family to my own, but am still lacking his parents. He was born in< Laurens county?> GA, and settled and dies in Lowndes County, Alabama. Joesph would be my gggrandfather. I have lots of info Joesph's family down, if anyone else is looking at the same line.
Thanks!!
Charlotte Garrett Wynne

Redden R. Garrett

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 2:41AM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2002 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Garrett
Charlotte
Would you happen to have a Redden Garrett(my gggrandfather) in your family history? I think he was born in Edgecomb County, NC and found his way to Calhoun County, Arkansas where he married in 1857. This is all I know about him.
Paula

Re: Joseph Garrett

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 4:33PM GMT
I am helping a professor at the University of South Alabama gather documentation on the people who died in or survived the Fort Mims massacre and am doing some writing on the Creek War myself. Can you please tell me about your family's involvement?
Sue Moore
sbmoore@swbell.net

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 5:44PM GMT
There is a Joseph Garrett in my family tree, but lack much information except he was born in l847,possibly Ga. He had wife Beatrice and Son Charles b.1869-68 Daughter Laura 1876, Josephine,1878, He was a brother to my Grandmother Rena Mae. According to Rena Mae she was raised an orphan. On her death certificate her fathers name was listed James, Mother unknown. would sure like to find someone working on same family> Gladys Stephens.

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 3:43PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2005 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: garrett
hi joseph garrett is my ggggrandfather also. Would like any information that u have if it is not any trouble..

Sincerly,
Anna Jean (garrett) Ikner
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.