Search for content in message boards

KUTZ,ZAHN,BOEHLKE

KUTZ,ZAHN,BOEHLKE

Brad Boyes (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ZAHN
I am looking for family members of mine in Poland, Germany and Russia. If any of the information below fits, please send me an email.
thanks Brad Boyes

Adolf Kutz was born on August 15, 1859 in Gelshtow, Poland of German Parentage. He was baptised August 21, 1859 and confirmend on May 4, 1873. The family immigrated to Russia in 1885. On May 12, 1887 he married amalye Ottilge Boehlke. Adolf was 27 years old and his bride seventeen. They were married in the Roshishtsche Church in Lofiufka, Russia. Amalye (Amelia) was born January 8, 1870 in the Elsendorf Grvenkisch (Green Church), Bromberg Provence, Germany. She was baptised on January 12, 1870. The family moved to Poland and in 1875 immigrated to Russia where she met and married Adolf. In 1892, adolf immigrated to America. In the spring of 1893, his wife, two daughters and mother in law joined him. The children were Martha and Adelaide. The story goes that Grandma Boehlke got terribly sick on board coming over. Adolf and amalye homesteaded Section two - Johnson township in 1894. In 1910-1911 or 1912, the family moved to Wisconsin where they lived for three years. Before Grandma would move back to North Dakota, Grandpa had to primis to build her a new house. Grandma loved Wisconsin as it reminded her of her home in Germany. Grandpa did keep his promise- We all remember the big house on the farm which was moved into Sykeston in 1970 by Uncle Carl and Aunt Alyce. Grandpa was instrumental in getting the Lutheran church started in Sykeston by walking many miles to talk to pastors. One day, Grandma took the oxen and stoneboat, along with a couple of children to visit the Stern family. Oxen are stubborn. this one decided to stop and eat. Grandma couldn't get it to move and she had to walk home. In Church, the custom was for the men to sit on one side and the women on the other. Also, Grandma always walked two or three steps behind Grandpa. Adolf passed away on March 2, 1953 and is buried in the Sykeston Cemetary. Amelia died on Octobert 17, 1957 and is also buried in the Sykeston Cemetary. Adolf and Amelia had ten children; Martha, Adelaide, Rudolph, Henry, Mae, Theodore,Carl, Elza, Arthur, and Richard.OBITUARY
(Boehlke)
Fredricka Wilhelmine Boehlke, nee Zahn, passed away early sunday morning at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Adold Kutz of this city, at the age of ninety five years and one day. Born on the 12th of January 1834 in the village of Minutsdorf province of Posen, Germany, she was baptized three days later and on May 17, 1948 was received into communicant membership of the Lutheran church through confirmation. In 1853 she was united in marriage to Karl boehlke, this union being blessed with ten children of whom six have preceded the mother in death. In 1875, the family emigrated from Germany to Russia where the husband and father Karl Boelhke, died shortly before the close of the 19th century. In 1900 Mrs. boehlke came to North Dakota and has from that time to the day of her death made her home with her daughter Mrs. Adolf Kutz. She leaves three sons, Julius, Reinhold, Henry and one daughter. Fifty two grandchildren, twhenty eight great grandchildrne and six great great grand children.
Funeral services were conducted Tuesday afternoon at the Lutheran church with burial in the Sykeston cemetary. Our deepest sympathy is extended to the bereaved. what a "ripe old age." As far as we know, hers was a quiet, steady working uncomplaining life. surely her rewards were fully earned and she was entitled to that final rest. the influence of such a life will remain in the world to the end of time. she was an aunt of Mr. Wm boehlke of this City. We have known the Wm Boehlke and Adolf Kutz families since they came to Wells County, nearly forty years ago and we are pleased to ad that they are of the type of pioneers who had much to do with the giving of North Dakota the name she holds today.

Re: KUTZ,ZAHN,BOEHLKE

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 7:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boehlke, Honig
Hi Brad, I am a relative of this family. Although I just found it. My GreatGrandfather was Otto Honig. His mother Bertha Boehlke. Bertha was a sister to Amelia Kutz. Bertha's son Otto immigrated to Canada.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.