Search for content in message boards

SEEHORN, SEHORN, SEAHORN, SEHON, SEHORNE

SEEHORN, SEHORN, SEAHORN, SEHON, SEHORNE

Linda Seehorn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
John SEEHORN was mentioned in 1794, by a Thomas LOOKER or LOKER of Shenandoah County, VA. He was said to be the nephew of Thomas Loker's daughter, Grace WOODLEY. Looking for information about John SEEHORN, Nicholas SEEHORN II, and Nicholas SEEHORN I. New to the family history search, so I make a lot of mistakes, but am trainable. Thanks!

SEAHORN, etc.

Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: SEAHORN
I just found your query in Shenendoah County. I am a descendant of Nicholas Sr. through Nicholas, Jr. I have considerable information if you wish to contact me directly: MFournier@atlantic.net.

Re: SEEHORN, SEHORN, SEAHORN, SEHON, SEHORNE

js trobich (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Re: Seahorn/ Sehorn/ Long
I have been researching the Seehorn name for about 3 years, and I have not been able to determine who was the father of John W. Seahorn/Sehorn and Charles Ellison Seahorn/Sehorn born 1808, twins, in Mecklenburg Co. They were raised by Margaret Catherine Long, born 1771, and I have found some records saying she married John Sehorn from York Co. Have you by any chance any information on John that might help me? I have not been able to confirm any relationship at all with John Sehorn, except that the twins were given the Sehorn last name. Any leads at all would be most helpful and appreciated...

Posted: 26 Sep 2002 9:09PM GMT
This has been interesting reviewing from the 1700's to 2002
We are Sehorn's from Nicholas Sehorn TO: John Sehorn 1748, Dr. Cathy Sehorn 1789, Marion Sehorn 1817,George Sehorn est 1847, Lewis A Sehorn est 1886,
Albert Jackson Sehorn 1917, (me) Albert James Sehorn 1940 , Albert Josh Sehorn

There always is some confusion when there are no records , and you get, I seem to remember Ahhhhh, whatever ?

Anyway, I'm Albert James Sehorn and my son is Albert Josh Sehorn we are the
surviving line direct decendents as of the info I have.

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 7:11AM GMT
Surnames: SAGNEN,SAILLANT,SIEON,SAINT,SAYAN,SEHON,SEAON,SAYON
I would like to know if some of you have seen these spellings for the name SEHON.
This is what I found in some books.

This is from the Book Southwest Louisiana Records Vol. 8 1866
SEAON, James Madison ( James & Marie Felicia Boudreaux ) b,15 May 1867
( Youngsville Ch v,1 p 49 (This is my ggrandfather and gggrandparents

This is from the Book Southwest Louisiana Records Vol 18 1887
SAYAN
(sometimes:SAGNEN,SAILLANT,SIEON

This is from the Book Southwest Louisiana Records Vol 19 1888
SAILLANT
sometimes:SAINT,SAYAN

This is from the Book Southwest Louisiana Records Vol 26 1985
SAILLANT (see perhaps : SEHON
SAILLANT ( sometiomes SAYAN,SAYON

Thanks Charlotte Sehon

sehon (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2003 8:19PM GMT
yes i've ran across each of these names, plus Cyonne. I am trying to make the connection between James M. Saillant(cyonne) to George H. Saillant. Born in Youngsville La.
James was my father-in-laws brother.

If you have any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

JOHN CATE (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2003 5:00PM GMT
HELLO ALBERT SEHORN

MY MOTHER WAS HARRIET ANNE SEAHORN. SHE GREW UP ON THE FARM ONCE OWNED BY JOHN SEHORN IN OAK GROVE, JEFFERSON, TENNESSEE. WE ARE VERY DISTANT COUSINS. JOHN SEHORN (ZEHON) SON BLAIR SOLD THE FARM TO ALEXANDER HAYS, THE HAYS' AND SEAHORNS' MARRIED AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, SO THE FARM CAME BACK TO THE SEAHORN.
JOHN CATE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.