Search for content in message boards

John Smith - LA, 1830 (abt.)

John Smith - LA, 1830 (abt.)

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 12:03PM GMT
Looking for info on a John L. Smith, b. ABT. 1830 in South LA. Ithink his wife's name was Emily ???? and he had a brother named William, b. 1815 (m. Josephine McGee) and a sister named Eliza, b. 1814 (m. William Mayo). Probably other siblings, but I don't know names. Parents were John Smith (b. ABT 1786) and Elizabeth Lee (b. ABT. 1795)(m. 1812, St. Landry Parish, LA). John (the father) is referred to as John of Pennsylvania, legitimate son of Nicholas. No mention of his mother's name of WHERE in PA. Anyone have these Smith's in their family????? ANY...and I do mean...ANY help would be appreciated!!!!!

Smith family

Terri Medders (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 9:36PM GMT
I have Smith in my family(not saying much since there are lots of sets) My great-grandmother was Beadie Smith married to Elmer Smith--he had a twin brother Ezra--they are from the Bienville, LA area--any of these sound familiar to you?

John Smith

Betty Smith Collins (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 11:37PM GMT
i had relatives in souther lousiana... only ones i know of would be in he 1900's.. but john smith of lousiana sounds familiar. i had a great great grandfather that was a smith who married a smith. so i guess i am probably related to you somehow. I am Betty Smith of Robert Smith of Alfred Smith of Annie Smith (Edward i think), of more down the line... i think they migrated from the Pennsylvania area...with an ancestory from england...from the bathursts...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.